General Electric Wilm Maintenance Trainee in Wilmington, North Carolina
The Technical Specialist Trainee (Maintenance) will be responsible for performing job functions as assigned by the Plant Maintenance Leader and mentors within the maintenance organization. Will be required to develop skills in maintaining, diagnosing, repairing and calibrating mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electronic control systems for CNC machine tools, manufacturing processes, and test equipment in preparation for future CNC Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician positions.
• Responsible for gaining knowledge and experience in installing, maintaining, repairing, calibrating modifying and/or rebuilding a wide variety of CNC machine tools and associated equipment. Must provide accurate documentation of work efforts in both electronic and paper media.
• The Technical Specialist Trainee (Maintenance) will work directly with maintenance employees to perform various maintenance job functions.
• Works with mentors and leaders to maintain, repair, adjust and modify complex process equipment and instrumentation. Required to work with qualified operators or support teams to validate corrective actions and demonstrate satisfactory operating condition.
• Will be required to learn to read, interpret and follow intricate and complex blueprints, schematics and instruction manuals as they apply to the hydraulic, pneumatic and electro-mechanical apparatus of the CNC machine tools and manufacturing process equipment.
• Responsible for learning how to perform preventive maintenance on all CNC and conventional machines, process equipment and incorporate modifications and revisions when required. Required to update documentation as required.
• Assists with duties and tasks conforming to all safety regulations and procedures, such as LOTO, confined space, Fall Protection/Arrest, hot work permits, and NFPA 70e. Keep facilities, materials and work areas clean and orderly, exercise good housekeeping practices.
• Responsible for learning how to properly utilize complex electronic, hydraulic and mechanical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, recorders, VOMs, vernier calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, ball bars, laser alignment tools, electronic levels and other test equipment as required.
• Must actively participate in a team-based environment which includes, but not limited to the following: active participation in daily team meetings and activities, cooperates and relates well with others, practices direct professional communication with team members, and is open to new ideas from team members and considers opinions different from their own.
• In the team environment, a Technical Specialist Trainee (Maintenance) role needs to be designated in routine and emergency situations and may be required as needed on each shift. Collaboration between the Technical Specialist Trainee (Maintenance) role and the team is required to ensure group viability, shift accountability, and to provide effective customer support.
• Candidate(s) must successfully complete the training program (3 years) to be eligible to bid on future CNC Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician roles.
• To maximize training opportunities and support operational needs, this position will require working various shifts during the three-year commitment. Must embrace the team environment and be committed to continuous learning.
• Associates degree in Mechatronics Engineering Technology (or equivalent Associates degree in Electro-mechanical studies)
• Experience participating in a high-performance team based environment.
• MS Office knowledge.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; North Carolina; Wilmington
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.