Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineering Aide III-Tactical Electronics (661362) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineering Aide III – Tactical Electronics
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain a centralized best-practices and lessons learned database.
- Perform drawing audits and document the results in a report.
- Update engineering drawings.
- Order raw materials.
- Interface with a variety of other functions and technical staff to address questions.
- Perform a variety of technical assignments requiring a basic understanding of engineering, science, or other technical applications.
- Assist and support engineering, production, etc., in the development, testing, and assembly of a wide variety of company products and systems.
- Gather, maintain, format, compile, and manipulate technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- May conduct tests and record data to assist with technical evaluation or analysis.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Strong motivation and aptitude to learn company tools and processes.
- Aptitude to learn various Engineering and Office software tools including Agile PDM System, Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCad, PeopleSoft, GerbTool.
- Basic understanding of engineering drawings.
- Principles of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T;).
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must collaborate and interact well with a variety of technical and non-technical functions (e.g., Engineering, Supply Chain, Planning, Program Management).
- Previous work in an engineering environment and with a wide variety of software tools.
- Printed Wiring Assembly and/or Circuit board fabrication.
- General fabrication experience, Metal, Plastic, Fiberglass, Wood.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineering Aide III-Tactical Electronics (661362)
Job ID: 661362
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time