Cumberland Farms Forklift Operator - Health & Beauty Department in WESTBOROUGH, Massachusetts
Forklift Operator - Health & Beauty Department
Req #: afba432c-d260-4953-899c-a832011bd37e
Location: WESTBOROUGH, MA
Location Name: CUMBERLAND FARMS - STORE SUPPORT CENTER
Job Category: Warehouse
To support our company’s strategic initiatives and continued growth, we are currently seeking top talent to join our Health & Beauty department as a Forklift operator.
The Forklift Operator is responsible operating mechanical equipment to properly load frozen, by-product, and grocery items onto designated trailers in sequential order for outbound deliveries or efficiently receive and store bulk product in designated locations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrate support of our values
• Ability to read & comprehend the priority/BOH report
• Ability to work with RF equipment to perform daily job funcitons
Responsibilities:1. Load, stack and organize products in a safe manner in order to prevent damage and injury. 2. Have an understanding of product descriptions, slot locations and aisle specifications for product sorting and stocking. 3. Ensure each pallet is properly wrapped and labeled to ensure safe and accurate delivery. 4. Secure each load with straps and load bars to prevent product from shifting during transit. Provide extra straps to driver as needed. 5. Communicate special instructions to drivers by properly filling out loading sheet. 6. Be trained and certified to operate a forklift within assigned training period. 7. Comply with Company policies and procedures regarding safety, quality and performance standards. 8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Ability to lift 60 pounds
• Attention to detail
• Always rotate product codes accurately
• Age Requirement: Must be 18 years of age or older
• Assist in other areas/departments as needed; select groceries
• Attend to cardboard baler as assigned
• Work 4 days/week: M,T,TH,FR 1:00AM-11:30AM Subject to change
• Minimum Experience: 0-2 years warehouse experience
• Other: Physical Ability to sit, stand, climb, walk, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, and balance for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and carry cases weighing up to 50 lbs. over the head.
• Adapt schedule to work alongside the changing demands of the warehouse.
• Exposure to vibrations, dust, dirt, noise, fumes and chemicals.
• Working in hot and cold temperature extremes (extremes vary between 100° Fahrenheit -20° Fahrenheit).
• Other Steel-toe shoes are required at all times.
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Authorization to work in the United States, or the ability to obtain the same.