Land O'Lakes Inc Vermont Creamery Fresh Cheese Operator - 1st Shift in Websterville, Vermont
This job was posted by https://www.vermontjoblink.com : For more information, please see: https://www.vermontjoblink.com/ada/r/jobs/562447
Imagine what you can do at Land O?Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O?Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture?s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O?Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you?ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Vermont Creamery Fresh Cheese Operator - 1st Shift
At Vermont Creamery, we strive to produce the highest quality cheeses and dairy products using local ingredients while supporting and developing family farms. We aim to exemplify sustainability by being profitable, engaging our staff in the business, and living our mission every day in the creamery. We care about creating a great work environment for our employees and being a positive contributor to the community and environment.
On those promises, we obtained the B-Corp certification back in 2014. Our dairy products have won more than 100 national and international awards. Our butters and cheeses populate some of the most prestigious cheese boards in America. But what makes us proudest perhaps is that we have sustained a team of family farms and creamery artisans. Together we thrive making simply great cheese for discerning, appreciative eaters, home cooks and discriminating chefs alike.
Under direction of the Creamery Supervisor, and other Fresh Cheese leadership staff, the Fresh Cheese Team Member is responsible for processing cheese, operating machines, packing, boxing, and cleaning. Job includes performing one or more packaging functions such as boxing, running filling line and cranking, while following company safety and quality programs, along with productivity.
7:00am - 3:30pm
* High School Diploma or GED
* 6 plus months of solid work experience in any industry
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to follow manufacturer's specifications and direction
* 18 years or older
* Able to trouble shoot mechanical problems
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
* Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge in their functions and ability to troubleshoot and fix system issues is preferred
* Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
* Ensures a safe working environment while performing assigned tasks
* Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
* Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
* Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
* Ability to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
* Experience communicating work order progress to supervisor and production operators
* Knowledge of various pieces of high tech food manufacturing processing and packaging equipment. Examples include but are not limited to baggers, palletizers, and cookers. /p>
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties as assigned):
+ Sets-up and dismantles machines, cleans and sanitizes prior and after using.
+ Enters proper code dates, uses appropriate packaging such as film, label, boxes, tape.
+ Runs machinery based on process, weight and pack size.
+ Controls the weight, takes frequent measurements and adjusts machinery accordingly.
+ Feeds packaging into machine and product on conveyor, controls seal, packaging and coding quality and accuracy.
+ Places container and product properly in boxes, builds pallets according to specs.
+ Tallies number of cases per pallet, writes pallet tags.
+ Completes all quality and accounting paperwork.
+ Does environmental cleaning.
+ Washes cheese bags and storage tanks.
+ Prepares ingredients, records lot # on make sheet and/or accounting sheet.
+ Takes pH, temperature, moisture on product to control the process.
+ Assembles pipes, connects vats, pumps, and other equipment based on process.
+ Performs environmental cleaning following company Quality Plan.
+ Follows all procedures and GMP?s, along with company Safety & Quality Plan.
+ Collects samples for QC, as needed.
+ Coordinates with cheesemakers.
+ Helps in tasks as assigned and/or where needed.
+ Helps in other departments, as needed.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a