Rocket Software, Inc. Sr. Manager, Software Engineering in Waltham, Massachusetts
Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive, Rocket solutions power the back-end systems that thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people—not just ones and zeroes. We’re people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts with 31 offices around the world.
About the role
You will be part of Rocket Software’s dynamic team of domain experts who work at a fast pace and who expect the best from their staff. As Senior Manager, Software Engineering you will be responsible for a global team of software engineers building next generation systems management applications for fortune 500 enterprise customers. The technology stack you will be working with includes a newly announced open source UX stack based on Node.js and modeling, monitoring and reasoning engines based on a proprietary java framework.
The Senior Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for leading the development team to review customer requirements, holding design meetings, conduct peer code reviews, and ensuring the team is delivering the correct requirements. You will also ensure that bug fixes are released in a timely manner and that the development team is responsive to the global technical support team.
As part of Rocket Software’s senior engineering management team, you will be responsible for implementing corporate policies regarding R&D processes, standards and automation, and will ensure the development team is adhering to those standards to operate efficiently. In addition, you will be responsible for continued process improvement and inspiring innovation on your team. You will also facilitate onboarding activities for new team members as well as ongoing coaching / mentoring activities to ensure we retain and grow our top talent in a high-performance organization.
You will be highly organized and detail-oriented, and you must track the activity of all global developer and QA staff members to ensure not only that customer expectations are met, but also to plan for future innovation. You will collaborate with other Rocketeers across geographies and technologies to Rocket remains the leader in the industry.
- 7+ years’ experience managing a team of technical engineers and managers;
- Proven track record in delivering leading software components and tools;
- Experience in Agile development methodologies;
- 10+ years’ experience developing software applications using APIs such as JDBC, HTTP and REST;
- Working knowledge of enterprise storage systems;
- Deep (can be former) knowledge of server side Java or C++ development;
- Experience leading and setting direction for design and implementation of software features/functionality, correction of defects and/or creation of new products;
- Possesses a proven track record of synthesizing multiple internal and external sources of input into product requirements;
- Strong leadership skills and experience successfully and managing a globally dispersed team;
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members of all skill levels to perform optimally;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to deal professionally and collaboratively with all levels of the organization and across geographies.
- Working knowledge of z/OS.
- College degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the information technology industry;
- Willing to travel internationally and domestically as needed.
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States