CH Robinson Worldwide, Inc. Regional Sales Manager - Produce Transportation in Voorhees Township, New Jersey
The Robinson Fresh division of C.H. Robinson is currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager for the East Region. This Regional Sales Manager will lead, develop, and coach sales people; implement the formal Robinson Fresh sales process and translate the office growth strategy into sales strategy and execution. We need a process and sales driven leader with a passion for selling and coaching a team to drive success. The role includes improvement of lead generation, internal and external sales volume, educating the team, pricing strategies, people development & market knowledge. You will be responsible for generating revenue by selling and driving sales performance of the sales team and leading strategic goal planning, managing execution to meet goals, and regularly evaluating progress. This candidate should possess a strong working acumen around the fresh produce supply chain.
What will you be doing?
General Sales Management
- Actively involved in guiding and coaching sales team in the sales process including:
- Attending customer calls and meetings
- Supporting building salesperson pipeline
- Driving innovation with customers
- Driving deal collaboration
- Demonstrate and drive successful sales process usage and behavior
- Execute and reinforce the divisional sales strategy at the office level.
- Perform bi-weekly meetings with each sales exec around activity, opportunity, and results
- Perform monthly sales manager review with sales exec to discuss high level sales activity
- Perform monthly sales manager review with regional and divisional leadership
- Actively perform field evaluations of sales team
- Assesses and understands market opportunities and trends and adapts accordingly including proactively managing the office's Opportunity Management pipelines through continuous review sessions.
- Active utilization of analytics & metrics tools including sales management dashboard and salesperson financial performance
- Promote and drive cross-functional and cross-regional collaboration, aligning resources and support where needed.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of sales executive's commissions and maintain excellent record keeping for proper reporting of the varying facets of commission earnings.
- Ensures employees have quality Personal Development Plans and advocates for employee development
- Identify & address skill levels and process gaps
- Measures employee performance against divisional activity metrics
- Provides input and guidance with regard to disciplinary action related to employee performance
Strategy and Business Management
- Develop sales revenue strategy and manages to budget
- Measures, monitors and communicates updates to leadership regarding performance against office business plan and updates as necessary on a regular basis
- Understand sales team talent landscape and develops talent contingencies and a robust workforce plan
- Active communication with support teams to forecast capacity needs, people needs and account management expectations
- Minimum 5 years progressive sales experience
- Minimum 2 years direct supervisory experience including managing performance reviews: employees goals, objectives and accountabilities
- Strengths and experience in developing talent & leadership
- Work independently with a high level of initiative to effectively manage sales growth
- Successful and proven sales track record in consultative sales approach
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships and consult with multiple stakeholders across the company
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to travel 20-30%
- Bachelor's degree preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world's economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world's largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit or view our .
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran