General Motors Stamping Production Group Leader - MAN0026208 in United States
At the new GeneralMotors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’sbest vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and isthe hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s bestvehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in theprocess of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the ChevyVolt and OnStar.
Our culture is centeredon being Made For More. It’s a concept reflecting our constant pursuit and confidentexpectation for more out of life—for our company, for our planet, for ourcustomers, and for ourselves. Because our work goes beyond making cars; it’sabout allowing people greater access to and more meaningful interactions withthe world around them. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plantsand developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketingprograms, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. Weare seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of theworld’s most iconic companies.
As state-of-the-arttechnologies continue to transform the automotive industry, GM is committed tomaintaining its position as an industry leader and establishing its innovativevision for the future of transportation. Learn more at http://careers.gm.com.
Mission: Design, buildand sell the world's best vehicles.
General MotorsWentzville has produced quality cars, vans, and trucks since 1983. The plant issituated on 438 acres of land in a former wheat field about 40 miles west ofSt. Louis in Wentzville, Missouri. Currently Wentzville assembly produces theChevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups as well as the Chevrolet Express andGMC Savana full size vans. Wentzville employs over 4600 hourly and salaryworkers over three shifts. Recent accolades for Wentzville Assembly includewinning the 2015 and 2016 Motor Trend Truck of the Year with the Colorado andAutoweek’s 2015 Best of the Best Truck with the Canyon.
Stamping ProductionGroup Leader
Supervise a medium to large group of employeesinvolved in stamping production operations. Work is generally of a technicalnature with the ability to make decisions within the limits of generalstandards and practices. Some direct guidance received from supervisor.
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material, and equipment
- Meets production cost schedule and maintains quality requirements
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
- Implements divisional and corporate policies
- Implements safety and good housekeeping standards
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group
- Keeps management informed of developments as they occur
- Maintains corporate and unit management control systems.
- Maintains department records
- Conducts safety talks, job instruction training, ergonomic evaluations,safety
incidentreport & investigation.
- Maintains workplace organization.
- Prevents defects from passing to the next process.
- Familiar w/quality standards
- Specifies standardized work.
- Ensures vehicles reach the customer mutilation-free.
- Implements problem solving processes.
- Respond to work environment to meet production schedule (control
absenteeism,support operation performed PM checks, understands &
controlsline side material inventory, identify & resolve bottlenecks, perform
- Continually look for waste & eliminates it (indirect material, scrap,tools, safety
equipment,office supplies, spare parts & manpower).
- Provide environment which stimulates team members involvement &personal
growth bymaintaining communications, soliciting suggestions, development
trainingplan, attendance records, performance improvement, support team
meetings, workw/UAW to resolve problem.
- Ability to manage people.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a participative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to and support Team Members.
- Must be willing to rotate shifts.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes.
- Stamping Operations experience preferred
- Experience/knowledge of GM-GMS
- Statistical process control skills.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience