Albert Einstein College Graduate Recruitment & Admissions Specialist in United States
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
The Graduate Recruitment and Admissions Specialist will work closely with Director and with Coordinator to manage all aspects of recruitment and admissions from identification of prospects through the admissions process and matriculation.
- Develop marketing plan for recruitment events to enhance academic programs recruitment and enrollment growth.
- Develop marketing strategies for Graduate Programs including print materials, web presence, and email correspondence to prospective applicants.
- Maintain Graduate Division annual recruitment calendar and set up recruiting appointments.
- Travel for recruitment to college campuses in the U.S.
- Maintain travel/outreach budget
- Develop and maintain all print recruitment materials for PhD, MD-PhD, SURP, PREP, and new programs as necessary
- Identify prospective applicants through campus visits, national undergraduate research meetings, and various software packages. Develop spread-sheets rating outcomes of each graduate fair, encounter, and campus visit
- Coordinate off-campus recruitment visits for faculty and/or current graduate students; may include preparing PowerPoint slides about the graduate programs at Einstein and adding the slides to their research presentation, preparing email blasts to undergraduate student groups and undergraduate faculty, preparing sign-in sheets that capture important contact information from attendees
- Develop and implement electronic communication plan utilizing application system software; develop information-driven, individualized electronic personal communications; maintain follow-up communications with applicants and faculty advisors.
- Respond to complex inquiries from prospective applicants, admitted students, and faculty during application and admissions process.
- Set up online application screening for Graduate Admissions Committee
- Oversee interview assignments; work with faculty on interview dates
- Supervise interview days; troubleshoot as necessary
- Coordinate activities of student ambassador committee; oversee student ambassador committee registration for interview events
- Create electronic dashboard for high-level overview of each program admissions process
- Attend Graduate Admissions Committee meetings to provide support as necessary, may be asked to take minutes at Graduate Admissions Committee meetings
- Prepare admissions statistics tables for internal and external purposes
- Maintain and monitor Graduate Division webpages relevant to recruitment and admission
- Assist with the development of the new postdoc application system, including building out question sets, developing HTML emails and creating business rules
- Create new web pages for the postdoc application and enrollment process; update webpages as process is refined
- Respond to prospective postdoc application questions as well as faculty questions
- Work closely with Admissions Director to develop post-doc enrollment lifecycle
- Communicate with faculty and administrators regarding post doc applications or enrollment questions
- Development of online social media presence, including Graduate Division Twitter account and LinkedIn Alumni Group.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's degree, and at least 2 years of experience required; preferably in a higher education setting such as admissions/recruitment or faculty/student affairs
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work with diverse audiences
- Experience providing a high level of customer service in a busy office environment
- Proficient with software applications such as Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Photoshop and maintaining content for websites (HTML)
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and make changes in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work evenings for recruitment and during application processing season
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
- Effective problem-solving skills
- The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- S/he will also be able to effectively prioritize and be detail-oriented
Job ID: 2017-10712
Campus: Einstein/Resnick - Bronx
Employee Classification: Exempt
Department: Office of Graduate Education
Position Type: Regular Full-Time