SNAP, Inc. Business Development/Capture Director – Federal Civilian in Virginia
Established in 1998, SNAP, Inc. (SNAP) is an SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) in Maryland and Virginia. SNAP employs more than 185+ professionals with revenues averaging $25M+ per year. SNAP has office locations throughout the United States including our headquarters in Chantilly, Virginia. Our other locations include Newport News, Virginia; Rockville, Maryland; and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. SNAP is externally appraised at CMMI Level 3 for both Services and Development, holds ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications, and a Top Secret facility security clearance.
SNAP is a trusted partner to many Government Agencies, holds several key government contract vehicles, and provides a variety of IT services including: Software Development and System Integration, Enterprise Architecture, Cyber Security & Information Assurance, Operations and Maintenance, Help Desk, eLearning, and mission-critical training support services. SNAP’s ability to identify and define the needs of our customers, demonstrate an enviable record of accomplishment for meeting those needs, and our reputation for total customer satisfaction results in a continually growing a top-tier customer list (www.snapinc.net/clients).
Summary of Position
We seek a Business Development Manager having a background in the Federal market with emphasis on Census and USDA to assist SNAP with penetrating and expanding its market in the Federal space. SNAP has a diversified portfolio of excellent contracting vehicles and outstanding past performance to support growth with a supporting infrastructure that supports the collaborative efforts of their Operations and Business Development strategies. Applicant is expected to develop new business, expand and manage a qualified pipeline, represent SNAP capabilities with customers and industry partners, lead capture of opportunities, and support proposal development. Applicant must have comprehensive understanding of current trends and emerging technologies in the Federal Civilian professional services and IT market. This is a highly visible position requiring a proven, clear record of success in growing new business and expanding current engagements.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated and extensive knowledge of Federal contracting for professional services and a broad IT market segment, with specific opportunity development, Capture Management, Prime and Subcontractor negotiations and client engagement experience. As part of SNAP’s growth oriented strategy, this candidate is expected to interact collaboratively across the Operations teams and lines of business as well as coordinating activities with the corporate staff functions including SNAP’s CTO, Comptroller/Finance, Human Resources, Recruiting and Contracting. Knowledge of GSA Schedules and other Federal Contract vehicles including IDIQs and GWACs is required. Experience in delivery of IT Applications, Solutions, Services, and Professional Services preferable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for winning new business. This includes broad business development functions including: pipeline development; opportunity identification, qualification, and strategic capture; customer and industry partner relations; developing and delivering presentations; and an active and key role in preparing RFI responses and proposal strategy, solutions and active participation with drafting responses. Duties include:
- Identifying, qualifying, and developing new business opportunities and associated call plans. Conducting opportunity analysis with specific strategies to increase company win probability.
- Organizing, composing, and briefing capture strategies/plans to corporate leadership, including win strategies, teaming, competitive assessments, and pricing strategies.
- Preparing responses to Requests for Information (RFI) and Sources Sought (SS).
- Coordinating with technical teams, business unit leaders, and functional experts to identify key discriminators, price to win strategies, and develop win themes.
- Assisting in proposal development and preparation, writing key portions of the technical and management sections. Capture contracts and follow-on opportunities post award.
- Preparing and presenting corporate capabilities presentations at appropriate venues. Preparing and delivering presentations to customers, partners and others to help position the company for and shape the acquisition strategy of potential opportunities.
- Supporting the company’s IDIQ/GWAC contract vehicles by monitoring opportunities that can develop into actionable proposals.
- Supporting brand development and market outreach activities. Creating marketing content and materials as required to represent the company and its end-to-end solutions; and representing the company at networking events and in professional associations.
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of Federal procurement and business development cycle. Knowledge of various Government contracting vehicles and contract types.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capture management, competitive intelligence, and/or research methodologies and information sources. The ability to effectively use opportunity search tools for pipeline growth while focused on the corporate growth strategy.
- Ability to accomplish insightful vetting of strategic opportunities (i.e., $50M+ in size).
- Knowledge of information technology, training, industry experience, and knowledge of the Federal professional services industry.
- The ability to communicate concisely and appropriately. Excellent computer and Internet open-source research skills including advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Privia desired.
- Have a current, active network of industry and Federal contacts.
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, creative capture management and teaming.
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners.
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree - plus additional business or marketing qualifications.
- Minimum Secret Security clearance verifiable in JPAS.
Performance Requirements & Near-Term Deliverables
This position requires a sales quota to be met of $2 to $5 million dollars in new business, measured on an annual contract value basis.
First 90 Days: Pipeline of opportunities identified and qualified as addressable with a capture plan. Demonstrated Knowledge of internal pricing and proposal development process.
First 120 Days: Demonstrated advancement of opportunities to pursuit and/or proposal stage.
Location: Northern Virginia/Chantilly VA
Salary: Commensurate with experience