Gulf Management Services LP Terminal Operator, Woodbury NJ in THOROFARE, New Jersey
Position: Terminal Operator
Department: Terminal Operations
Location: Woodbury, NJ
The Terminal Operator is responsible for performing safe and environmentally compliant bulk petroleum product transfer operations associated with receiving, storing, blending and loading of combustible and flammable liquids.
Terminal operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Terminal Operators may be required to work shifts including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Daily responsibilities include but not limited to operating and maintaining equipment associated with product transfers; inventory control; terminal security; facility maintenance and housekeeping. The position requires the ability to learn and perform all tasks in accordance with company HES policies and procedures, local, state and government regulations.
* Monitor the receipt of product; perform gauging duties in accordance with accepted quality control routines; ensures safe storage and distribution of product from vessels, pipelines, tanks and loading racks.
* Operates terminal vehicles including but not limited to forklifts, yard equipment and truck with plow attachments in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
* Operate, maintain and repair motors, pumps, valves and other equipment associated with bulk handling of petroleum liquids.
* Perform office and clerical work as required including input of inventories and meter totals into appropriate automated systems.
* Perform routine facility maintenance as needed including but not limited to painting, general housekeeping, snow removal and grounds upkeep.
* Understands and reacts accordingly to defined emergency response procedures.
* Able to work scheduled shift and capable of working overtime as required by terminal operations
Work in variety of environmental conditions (extreme cold/heat, humidity, wind, rain,
snow, ice, etc.).
Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, etc. for extended periods of time
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and grasp
Occasionally required to climb to and maneuver at heights of approximately 80-100 ft.
Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High School or GED equivalent
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Trade School Diploma
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Mechanical aptitude demonstrated by previous experience in related trade.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Previous experience and knowledge handling petroleum products or prior experience with bulk processing industry operating pumps, meters and proportion equipment.
SOFT SKILLS: Requires good verbal and communication skills with local management, customers, contractors and peers. Ability to work well in a team environment. Ability to multi-task; good time management, computer and organizational skills.
Gulf Oil, a private equity portfolio of ArcLight Capital Partners, has been a recognized brand in energy since 1901. Currently headquartered in Wellesley Hills, MA, Gulf Oil is a diverse and growing midstream company. We own and operate one of the finest petroleum terminal systems in the Northeast, providing critical infrastructure solutions for the refined products value chain, from when products exit the refinery until they reach the end user. We provide the midstream services that make this possible, including the purchase, storage, and marketing of a wide range of petroleum products to wholesalers, resellers, and commercial customers.
Our employees have outstanding expertise and experience in all areas of energy, fuel, and logistics and we are focused on hiring and developing the best talent to help us move forward. Come join us!
Gulf Oil is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all ...