New York Life Insurance Company Life Insurance Solutions Representative - Call Center in Tampa, Florida
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2014 operating earnings of $2.021 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2014, with affiliates, totaled $552.82 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for 170 years.
Are you a personable, customer-service oriented individual? Are you interested in helping people protect their future? Are you interested in a career with an industry leader? If so, New York Life Insurance Company may be the company for you.
New York Life’s Service Organization is hiring Customer Service Representatives for its local Service Center office. The Service Organization strives to provide best in class service by making every service experience a positive one. It is the hallmark of what we do and how we keep good going. We are looking for customer- focused, accountable, efficient and engaged professionals who are dedicated to and guided by a commitment to service excellence.
Customer Service Representatives establish high quality customer relationships using informational resources and technical knowledge.
• Handle high volume of external inbound customer and sales agent inquiries.
• Transact routine financial and non financial activity on client accounts with both expediency and accuracy.
• Ability to handle most customer interactions independently.
• Ability to explain basic information in functional area.
• Assist team members daily to complete work in order to meet departmental and regulatory standards.
• Associates, or Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent years of related experience
• High School Diploma, or GED (Required)
• A minimum of 1 year of customer service and/or call center experience (Required)
• Accountable, ethical, good decision making ability
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Good computer skills and ability to multitask
• Ability to pass pre-employment background verification
Training & Development:
Customer Service Representatives undergo a comprehensive (5 – 8 week) paid on-site training program to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. This training is a combination of Trainer facilitation, self study, and job shadowing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Candidates should be flexible to work any 7.5-hour shift between 8am – 6pm during the work week.
Competitive hourly wage dependent upon experience plus bonus incentive
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.