Adventist Health System Centra Care PATIENT REGISTRATION COORDINATOR-Carrollwood, Tampa FL in Tampa, Florida
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
We are now recruiting for a Full Time PRC for Carrollwood Center
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
Under supervision of the Practice Manager, the Patient Registration Coordinator is accountable for the patient’s first impression of the organization by making patients feel safe, cared for and respected with an emphasis on customer service. They are responsible for the complete patient registration process.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
· Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience
· Answers telephone, responds to patient questions/concerns to ensure prompt accurate resolution is achieved and is able to handle various job tasks simultaneously
· Demonstrates age-specific communication skills for patients with the ability to assess and interpret relevant data
· Communicates with the patient or their guarantor to obtain demographic, employment, insurance and current medical condition information in order to perform accurate registration
· Obtains client information for worker’s comp and corporate accounts, and verifies authorization and service(s) requested
· Verifies insurance eligibility and determines accurate up-front collection amount
· Prepares, processes, and files the medical record for each patient as required by patient type for documentation by physician and medical personnel
· Verifies diagnosis and procedural codes are entered into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives
Shift- 12hr shifts, 8am-8pm. weekends 8am-5pm and some Holidays.
Location: Carrollwood, Tampa, FL
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Demonstrated ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements
· Ability to operate a computer, copier, fax and scanner
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and others of diverse backgrounds
· Ability to request and collect co-pays and outstanding balances
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalency
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Previous customer service experience
· Prior pediatric experience ( for Kids Urgent Care Centers )
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Must maintain current CPR certification at all times. If certification is not current at time of hire, the employee must obtain a valid card within their first ninety days.
Job: Administrative / Business Support
Primary Location: US-FL-Tampa
Organization Centra Care
Job Level Entry Level
Education Level High School Diploma / GED
Job Posting Oct 2, 2018, 2:40:02 PM
Req ID: 271961
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.