Cryomech Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer in Syracuse, New York
Summary: Assist and contribute to the engineering, manufacturing, and quality departments. This position is responsible for recommending and implementing improvements to production processes, methods, as well as product evolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creates and maintains engineering documentation including manufacturing drawings, work instructions, bills of materials, and engineering project folders.
- Participate in product realization and manufacturability review process with the capacity to lead.
- Participate in Manufacturing Quality audits and work closely with colleagues in the engineering, production and quality departments to resolve corrective actions in a timely manner
- Perform research, design, development and implement technical solutions for manufacturing processes relating to production flow, assembly methods and manufacturing equipment for continuous improvements, product support, and product evaluation.
- Maintains a presence on the manufacturing floor and provide a communication link between the production and engineering department.
- Ensure that all engineering changes are accurately and thoroughly documented and communicated.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience:
- BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum 2 years experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong working knowledge of GD&T and ASME standards.
- Excellent command of desktop software packages Microsoft Project and Office Suite
- Proficient in using a variety of hand tools (Machining equipment a plus)
- Work effectively in a change-oriented environment with the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks
- Self-starter with initiative, drive, and determination
- Exhibit a strong aptitude in problem solving, strategic thinking, and decision making
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Electrical experience/background preferred
- Knowledge of ISO, UL, PED compliances preferred not required.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, interpersonal skills, and an initiative to succeed.