Asurion Technology Analyst in Sterling, Virginia
_Technology Analyst 3_
Job Description Summary
The Technology Analyst 3 applies a broad knowledge of principles and practices of analysis as it relates to the objectives of Asurion. This position analyzes and evaluates needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security across a specific technology platform as well as basic knowledge of multiple technology platforms in a specific segment.
• Gathers, analyzes and reports business data and inputs in order to identify issues, trends, or solutions.
• Utilizes technical and industry knowledge to work on projects within a specific technology platform and assist with projects across multiple platforms.
• Provides technical assistance in identifying, analyzing, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures
• Develops, coordinates, and implements plans to test business and functional processes
• Consults with business unit management and personnel to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security.
• Partners with the business as a functional expert in a specific technology platform or IT focus area.
• Acts as a resource to less experienced Analysts.
• Proposes process improvements within a specific technology platform
*_Qualifications: Education, Experience and Skills
•BA in Business or BS required
• 3 years’ experience required; 5 years’ experience preferred
• Possesses strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of current principles, practices and techniques of analysis.
• 3 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas (or combination thereof): Telecommunications industry, Insurance / claims industry, Logistics, Relevant IT Discipline
• Advanced experience and demonstrated knowledge of Visio, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office suite.
• Knowledge of technical developments and trends in application analysis, design, and development.
• Proficiency in technical and business writing.
• Ability to apply technological concepts and tools within established periods.
• Ability to prepare documentation, charts, and graphs pertinent to work assignments.
• Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely in understandable form, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the business community, vendors, customers, and coworkers.
• Proficient understanding of SDLC processes desired
• Maintains proficiency in the application and use of tools within the department.
• Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Manager, internal Business, and Project Stakeholders.
• Must maintain a high sense of ownership, and able to work with a direction instead of being task oriented.
• Ability to communicate well and build strong business relationships.
• Skill in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical/business analysis
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Functional expert in a specific technology platform or focus area with basic knowledge of additional platforms or areas.**
Job: *Product Development
Organization: *Product Development
Title: Technology Analyst
Requisition ID: PRO01007