Johns Hopkins Medicine School Teacher - JHACH in St. Petersburg, Florida
School Teacher - JHACH
Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital,
St. Petersburg, FL
Requisition # 157647
Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Not Required
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
This Grant Funded Position exists to provide support for the educational needs of pediatric patients. This includes, but is not limited to, collaborative educational planning with local school systems during hospitalization, meeting post discharge needs, assisting with IEP's, and implementing the hospital based school program
• Florida State Teacher Certification
• Bachelor's degree in Education.
• Minimum of 3 years' classroom experience within certification field
• Ability to effectively work in a hospital environment
• Ability to effectively interact with patients, families, physicians, ancillary and support staff.
• Ability to effectively manage within an environment of emotional and physical stress.
• Ability to perform physical activity, including but not limited to: repetitive motions, feeling, grasping, fingering (pinching, typing, handling, etc.), lifting, pulling, pushing, walking, and standing, reaching, crouching and stooping.
• Cognitive and critical thinking skill required to safely instruct students in a healthcare environment.
• Ability to communicate technical instruction to volunteers.
• Physical ability to perform all aspects of patient care, including CPR on all patients ranging in age from neonate to adult.
• Read/write/speak and understand English.
• Auditory, visual and interpersonal skills
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.