Collabera Software Engineer in Southfield, Michigan
• Develops application software using the cloud foundry architecture that quickly delivers business value according to the problem context defined by the product manager.
• Uses the test driven development methodology to realize the technical solution.
• Pairs with other software engineers to cooperatively deliver user stories.
• Develops components across all tiers of the application stack and is proficient in multiple programming languages. Continuously integrates and deploys developed software.
• Updates the continuous integration/deployment scripts as necessary to improve continuous integration practices. Consults with product manager to identify minimal viable product and decomposes feature set into small scoped user stories.
• Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud-based architectures.
• Experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; strong background with Spring and related projects.
• Experience building enterprise applications, including integration with Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) systems. Experience building and operating distributed, concurrent systems.
• Solve highly complex technical problems using industry best practices.
• 8+ years of software development experience.
• Must be a consultant level Java developer/architect and have deep knowledge in object oriented design and software development. Comprehensive understanding of relational database and NoSQL database and flat file processing concepts. Experience in working with Oracle or MS SQL Server or NoSQL databases (minimum 5 years of experience). Proficient in object oriented development and Java Enterprise concepts (minimum 5 years of experience). Experience with the following tools and technologies: -
• Spring Platform (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, Spring Cloud) (minimum 3 years of experience) - Cloud Native Development on Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform or similar (minimum 2 years of experience) - Micro-services development (minimum 1 year of experience) - Development of Web Services REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML/SOA (minimum 2 years of experience) – Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins CI or similar) - Builds on Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform(Gradle, Git-Hub) (minimum 1 year of experience) - Unit testing
• frameworks (minimum 3 years of experience