AT&T NETWORK OPERATIONS ENGINEER in Sofia, Bulgaria
Responsible for delivering operational services to outsourcing accounts on time, on target and with quality. Focuses on continuous Operations, Incident and change management of the supported network infrastructures. The main goal is to minimize the amount of unplanned downtime in the customer's production environment and to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and predefined Service Level Agreements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Take ownership of any assigned incidents, investigate and diagnose accurately and effectively;
• Do advanced troubleshooting and implementation of solution in conjunction with vendor and third-party support within the applicable platform that responsible for;
• Define an action plan for detailed diagnosis with the aim to resolve the incidents and restore normal service as soon as possible;
• As potential resolution to the issue are found, implement the solution and test that the resolution has fixed the problem.
• Build strong working relations with the Technology Team Lead, Account Support Team representative and Capability Support and technology teams;
• Good awareness of the customers’ business and in-depth knowledge of the customers’ environment and support processes;
• Complying with the ITIL standards by observing the Incident Management Lifecycle;
• Ensuring compliance with internal documentation standards, also accountable for updating the documentation.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• 1+ years’ experience of IT Operations;
• 1+ years’ experience with LAN/WAN equipment (Cisco, HP, H3C, Aruba or similar);
• Good understanding of the following network protocols and technologies: TCP/IP, NAT, ACLs, VLANs, Spanning Tree, Dynamic Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP), HSRP/VRRP;
• Understanding of 24x7 mission critical enterprise computing environments and the impact of service disruption on a company’s bottom line
• Able to build & sustain strong customer relationship;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Experience with Monitoring, Ticketing and Event tools;
• SSL, IPSec and GRE VPN tunnels;
• Load Balancers (F5 or another similar vendor);
• Wireless knowledge (Aruba, Cisco or HP);
Very good analytical and troubleshooting skills;
Education and Qualifications:
Required: CCNA Routing & Switching or similar;
Desired: CCNP Routing & Switching or similar;
Required: Bachelor of Science Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent certifications.
Desired: Master of Science Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent certifications.