Comcast Software Engineer in Seattle, Washington
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Join our video player team at Comcast Technical Solutions (CTS) and help build and test the best client side video playback SDK in the business. You'll work in an Agile environment with a rigorous automated test framework. Our SDK targets HTML5 desktop and mobile, as well as parallel native iOS and Android editions. You'll contribute to new features, write new test automation and help expand our automation framework.
About the CTS player team
The CTS player team builds a world-class video playback SDK that's used by NBC, Fox, AMC and just about any cable channel you've ever watched. If you're streaming premium content, you've used our SDK. We're a friendly easy-going tribe. We like to work with people who are smart, kind and passionate about software development. We test our work hard during working hours to keep escalations and emergencies rare.
- Develop and unit test new features
- Contribute to our automated integration test framework
- Work in an Agile environment with a continuous delivery model
- Keep up to date on latest video playback technology; video playback is a rapidly changing space with new requirements and challenges emerging everyday
- Learn our backend services and use them to build new features
- We're interested in attracting a diverse set of candidates for this position. We anticipate that individuals with a wide variety of skills and experiences can be successful in this role. It is not necessary to bring all of these traits; if you can bring several of them, we would encourage you to apply.
- 1-2 years related experience in software development,
- Computer Science Degree, Engineering Degree, or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience with Agile development lifecycle
- Knowledge of video playback technology for HTML5, iOS and Android platforms
- Experience consuming REST services
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer