Army Installation Management Command COOK (CYS), NA-06 in Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the Island of Oahu. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii NAF Pay Setting rules apply to this position
Learn more about this agency
- Applies knowledge and skill to assist in planning and implementing a comprehensive food service program that follows the policies and procedures of the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- Performs a variety of food preparation and cooking tasks such as cleaning, paring, peeling, slicing, dicing; grilling, frying, baking broiling, pouring liquids and mixing ingredients
- Operates kitchen equipment designed to mix and cook food items. Uses, cleans and maintains power kitchenequipment, and keeps cooking utensils cleaned and ready for use
- Works with Food and Nutrition Specialists to prepare menus and submit food orders and purchase requests. Coordinates the loading/unloading of foods/supplies, and keeps all records on food used, portions prepared, meals served, and inventory
- Assist with "on the job training" of other kitchen staff members, and serves as consultant to youth cooking clubs/health and fitness programs as required, and follows risk management procedures
Occasional travel - Travel to on and off post locations may be required.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- A health assessment is required. Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority
- Satisfactory performance, successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required
- Scheduled hours will vary. MUST be available to work nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- A minimum of 6 months of work experience directly related to the duties described above, that included skill in working with professional kitchen appliances and equipment.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Be able to communicate (verbal and written) in English.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. on a routine basis.All educational documents (i.e. High School Diploma, GED, or transcripts) must be submitted at the time of application in order to verify meeting the educational requirement for this position.
**Resume MUST clearly reflect the knowledge and experience listed under the minimum qualifications criteria above.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM HST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
IF YOU ARE CLAIMING ANY OF THE ABOVE ELIGIBILITIES, YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- DA 3434 (if applicable), Spouse PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
EW-NAF-W3RBAA US ARMY GARRISON HAWAII DO NOT MAIL Fort Shafter, HI 96858 US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512668600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 10/01/2018 to 10/16/2018
Pay scale & grade: NA 6
Salary: $16.03 to $18.74 per hour
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time