PDS Tech Inc Engineer Sr Prin in San Jose, California
PDS Tech, Inc is seeking a candidate for the Engineer Sr. Principle-System position located in San Jose, CA.
Systems Engineer to support all systems engineering tasks such as requirements analysis, requirements development, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), cost, and risk assessments, trade studies, and document system design descriptions.
• Develop component level performance specification by managing requirements in IBM Rational DOORS
• Create requirements traceability in DOORS
• Develop and maintain requirements compliance and supporting artifacts.
• Develop interface control diagrams (ICDs) between assigned sub-system, system and components.
• Develop trade studies to drive design decisions and document trade study results.
• Coordinate SE activities with IPTs and Specialty Engineering POCs to help influence the design.
• Provide systems engineering input to support program reviews.
• Document concept design decisions and support generating system design concept descriptions and capability assessments.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Have knowledge necessary to write requirements specification (subsystem and component).
• Have knowledge necessary for requirement derivation, allocation and management.
• Develop and manage system functions and requirements using DOORS.
• Balance system design considering system usage CONOPS, performance, constraints, and logistics.
• Generate system design concept descriptions and capability assessments per the program Statement of Work (SOW).
• Plan, conduct and document complex trade studies.
• Be able to manage size, weight, power and cost of system.
• Be able to manage system risk.
• Be familiar with preparation of typical artifacts that are required for program milestone reviews.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Required Education: Must have bachelor degree from an accredited university in engineering with the following experience: 7+ Years with AA 5+ Years with BS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.