Walmart Design Intern (UX/UI) - Summer 2018 in SAN BRUNO, California
904225BRReq ID:904225BRCompany Summary:Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.Job Title:Design Intern (UX/UI) - Summer 2018Position Summary:ABOUT USER EXPERIENCE (UX) DESIGNER INTERNS
The teams within @WalmartLabs design, prototype and build technology-fueled products that bridge the gap between what's next and what's best. The User Experience Design Intern creates design comps and product specs for short-term projects with defined design guidelines, and supports lead designers on larger projects by documenting and participating in project definition activities. They support projects by communicating and collaborating with key business partners (Engineering, Site Merchandising); attending usability sessions; participating in iterative design process and brainstorming sessions; and presenting user experience flow and project decisions to discipline and user experience leadership. As an intern, you’ll have the responsibility to make a difference on a grand scale, working on code for millions of users and taking on other challenging projects. Our interns work with very small team to create new, awesome features for millions of users.City:SAN BRUNOState:CAPosition Description:YOUR INTERN PROGRAM EXPERIENCE
Far beyond your specific assignment, the program immerses you in business, allows you to develop cutting edge technology, and shows off your socials skills, all in-between a lot of fun! Over the 10 to 11 week period you connect with executives, learn advanced skills, participate in HackDay, and network at social events. Whether you are playing in the Intern Olympics or going to a Giants game, there is always something going on. With the San Francisco Bay Area as your playground the opportunities both inside and outside of work are endless!Minimum Qualifications:ABOUT YOU
• A visionary that demonstrates up-to-date expertise in User Experience and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
• Strong experience with AJAX, HTML, and CSS.
• Understand that picking the right font or creating whitespace may be important, but a functional design is everything.
• Have a strong enough design sensibility that you focus on behaviors and think about design systems, rather than relying on one-off, flashy effects.
• Know that design standards can be used to solve customer problems, but that sometimes rules are meant to be broken when there's a better way to serve the customer.
• Believe the web is made up of people.
• Passionate about the user experience and believe that the things you design for the Internet should first be useable for people who have no idea how to use an iPhone and have never tweeted.
• An awesome designer with high levels of creativity and quick solving capabilities to change the world in a huge way!
• Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Science, or related field or a related field.
• Graduating December 2018 or laterCategory:Internship Division:Walmart Labs