University of Texas at San Antonio Athletic Coordinator - Equipment Manager (Temporary) in San Antonio, Texas
Title of Position Athletic Coordinator - Equipment Manager (Temporary)
Requisition Number NBES20170182P
Department Posting Name Athletics
Location Main Campus
Recruitment Type External
Position Type This is a Classified, non-benefits eligible, position.
Grant Funded? No
Hours per week 19
If employee will be working a schedule other than Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, specify hours and days to be worked
Schedule will vary to include evenings and weekends.
If Temporary, Ending Date 02/28/2018
Recruiting Rate Competetive/Hourly(beginning salary flexible depending on experience)
Beginning Salary Flexibility Yes
Pay Basis Hourly
Required Education Graduated High School or completed GED
Do you want to allow additional experience to substitute for required education? No
Preferred Education Graduated High School or completed GED
Field of Study
Prefer knowledge in the particular sport of football.
MS Office Experience Required Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Will this position require driving a UT or personally owned vehicle? No
Other Computer and Software Skills Required
Experience and Other Skills Required
Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
Must complete and pass Child Protection Training.
Must complete UTSA Compliance Training.
One year experience managing equipment in college or professional sports with emphasis on football.
Do you want to allow additional education to substitute for required experience? No
Other Skills Preferred
- Must adhere to all federal and state laws and university policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to all NCAA and Conference USA rules and report any known Compliance violations.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations as it pertains to this position.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply University policies, procedures, principles and practices. -Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and communication skills.
Description of Job Duties
- Assist in the process to develop, maintain, and enforce the procedures pertaining to the overall operation and safeguarding of assets of the equipment room(s) within the athletic departments.
- Daily laundry needs for student athletes and coaches.
- Works directly with the AD of Equipment, Athletics Equipment Manager and Coaching Staffs in coordinating team equipment requests to ensure proper sizing and fitting of the athletes
- Assist in the oversight of the storage, preservation, shipping and reconditioning of all equipment.
- Maintain helmet safety. Responsibilities include: checking hardware, reconditioning and the quality control of all practice and game helmets.
- Provide constant communication with football coaching staff to ensure needs and assignments for football practice are met.
- Assist in the coordination of transportation and packing of equipment, uniforms, and supplies to both home and away competitions and practices for the football team.
- Assist in annual apparel and footwear purchase order by providing insight and inventory needs for the upcoming year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Posting Open Date 11/17/2017
Posting Close Date at midnight on
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Notes To Applicants
This position is temporary, non-benefits eligible with an expected end date of 02/28/2018.
UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.