Salt Lake County Judicial Assistant in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Performs a variety of routine to complex clerical and administrative duties to maintain orders, records, reports, accounts, or files related to the Justice Courts.
Three (3) years of clerical support experience; OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Due to the nature of this position, employees are subject to a criminal background investigation.
- Performs functions of a cashier by accepting, posting, processing and verifying payments, credits and other financial transactions.
- Maintains comprehensive index files, forms, reports and/or records.
- Operates computer terminal to input and receive information related to statistics, records, reports, accounts and services.
- Greets the public over the counter and on phones; responds to questions related to judicial services and functions (cases, bail, warrants, payments and appointments).
- Maintains official court dockets and associated papers; posts official entries reflecting pertinent facts, financial records and judgments related to disposition of each court case; maintains a suspense file on all pending court cases including financial matters related thereto.
- Schedules arraignments, pre-trial and other pre and post judgment hearings, as well as jury and non-jury trials; prepares and maintains the court calendars of these events keeping the Judge advised on all court schedules and delinquent cases.
- Tracks community service ordered by the judge.
- Opens, reviews, and distributes mail for the court.
- Maintains liaison and communications with agencies associated with criminal justice system such as law enforcement agencies, bail bondsmen, prosecutors, public defenders, probation providers, justice courts and various County government offices.
- Prepares, assembles and checks materials for each court session; establishes and routes case files; prepares and routes notices according to required procedures.
- Arranges prisoner transportation to and from court.
- Performs follow-up work subsequent to court sessions; issues judicial orders; posts information generated during court sessions to case files; prepares and routes certified copies.
- Issues stay dates, recalls bench warrants and commitment orders; processes expungements; issues and enters information, pleadings, motions, summons, subpoenas, minute findings, judgments and orders made by the courts.
- Monitors all files put on Court; probation, plea in abeyances and payments for compliance and non-compliance; closes cases per standing orders and judicial orders.
- Assists the public with civil small claims; questions, filings and payments.
- Performs criminal background checks and driver's license checks as appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County