St. John Fisher College Housekeeper I: C-Shift in Rochester, New York
This position supports campus-wide housekeeping activities and assists other Facilities services groups achieving the department’s mission to provide proactive, professional and cost effective and customer oriented services.
Housekeeper I position encompasses general housekeeping duties in residence halls, academic, athletic and administration buildings. Attention to cleaning details is critical to this position.
The responsibilities of this position are but not limited to:
• Empty and spot clean waste receptacles including replacement of liners.
• Empty recycling containers as required.
• Clean and maintain floors / carpets, walls and stairwells in assigned areas using appropriate chemicals and equipment. Methods include but not limited to; sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, wiping, scrubbing and mopping.
• Spot clean carpets as required
• Dust, clean and polish building surfaces, shelves, HVAC vents, cabinets and furniture.
• Clean chalk/marker boards.
• Return classroom furniture and other furniture such as lounges to proper position.
• Clean, polish and disinfect bathroom fixtures including toilets, showers, water fountains, partitions, walls, floors and replenish bathroom supplies.
• Wash interior and exterior windows.
• Properly maintain housekeeping closets and cleaning equipment.
• Complete reports and supply request forms
• Assist set-up and/or tear down of events and activities
• Report to supervisor or Facility Services office for any broken, nonfunctional, or damaged items.
• Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience:
• High school education or a GED with one year of institutional housekeeping experience. • Ability to understand and display written and oral communication skills.
Competencies / Skills:
• Housekeeping skills in institutional cleaning is desired. On the job training is provided. • Must be able to understand / follow basic safety precautions involved in the use of cleaning chemicals, operation of motorized equipment, and personal protective equipment. • Must be able to understand and follow a work schedule and complete assigned tasks in the time allotted. • Must have a valid NYS driver’s license and a good driving record. • Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English.
Supervision of Employees:
Physical and Mental Demands:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Full range of body motion during an entire work shift including: reaching, stooping, kneeling, standing, bending, lifting of minimum 25 pounds maximum of 50 pounds. Climbing stairs is required. • Full shift mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing, wiping horizontal and vertical surfaces. • Lift supply cart from storage room (30 pounds) • Furniture move desks, tables, file cabinets, chairs (up to 50 pounds) • Set-up/tear down-tables/stages (up to 50 pounds) • Empty large waste containers (35 pounds) and empty large recycling bins (40 pounds) • Exposure to normal and necessary cleaning chemicals and compounds
• Ability to think through clearly amid changing priorities and circumstances. • Maintain professional attitude and demeanor in difficult situations. • Ability to multitask in a very busy work environment. • Exercise sound judgment.
Week starts Sunday night at 10:15p through Friday morning at 6:45a – 40 hours per week
It is the policy of St. John Fisher College to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in each locality in which the College has employees.
The College does not discriminate against applicants or employees in hiring, promotion, termination or the terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic, characteristics or genetic information, arrest or conviction record, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.