Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Banquet Bartender in Reno, Nevada
The Grand Sierra is looking for energetic and customer service minded individuals to join the Food and Beverage team as a Flair Bartender for the Cantina Restaurant. The Flair Bartender should have previous bartending experience with a focus on flair bartending. As a Flair Bartender you will ensure accurate pouring techniques and skill and guarantee guests are served in a warm, accommodating and professional manner ensuring total guest satisfaction. Guarantee prompt, courteous and team minded service throughout the entire restaurant and adhere to all Grand Sierra Resort standards. Results oriented, hands-on professional with the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees. Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and provide proper and professional beverage service to all customers and cocktail staff in a friendly, courteous and timely manner.
- Take food orders and beverage orders from restaurant customers and input orders in to POS system.
- Create and deliver all bar beverages following required recipes and standards in a timely manner.
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of bar on a daily basis including, before, after and during shift.
- Complete all side work including but not limited to: wiping down stations, re-stocking supplies, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of guest areas and equipment at all times including: removing empty glasses/bottles, cleaning ashtrays, empting garbage, sweeping/mopping floors, scrubbing/sanitizing equipment, etc.
- Explain menu to the guests and answer any questions they may have
- Demonstrate flair moves appropriate to their certified level while preparing cocktails.
- Always check on quality of food and service on bar guests to ensure excellent guest service.
QUALIFICATIONS Previous flair bartending experience required. An ideal candidate will have a high level of energy and showmanship while making cocktails for guests. Candidate must possess the ability to deal with customers and co-workers in a tactful and respectful manner. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests, employees and supervisors.
Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are a must.
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age. Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate. In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of functions to be determined based upon the particular needs of the Hotel.
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 3