American Express Engineering Director, Product Engineering (Partner Payments MIS) in Providence, Rhode Island
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence, combining product and engineering teams globally. We are striving to improve speed to market and drive value across core capabilities. Our teams and platforms enable many of the key product features used by our Cardmembers every day; from earning points to accessing lounges and getting the benefits of our partners frequent members’ programmes. We aspire to unlock value for both new product offerings, as well as existing products. We are building a suite of highly configurable core capabilities to meet the diverse internal and external partner needs around the globe. Are you innovative, creative and eager to embrace change and tackle unique challenges? We are on the leading edge for the company in many ways. We have a truly global footprint and remit. We have adopted agile practices. And we use some of the latest technologies, such as Golang and Kotlin, to build highly available, nimble, extensible & modern applications in a cloud native environment. Do you aspire to inspire a large team and value teamwork and empowering others to excel? You will lead a set of highly talented, creative, fun and dynamic product engineers as you develop the platforms that enable the world's best loyalty and benefit experiences for our customers. You will own and iteratively deliver on a core suite of business critical function of Partner payments MIS products; these products are core to enabling accurate payments to all cobrand and other key partners across the world. The function supports over 200 partners for payments MIS related to acquisition and other programmes. You should bring a diverse set of skills to complement a strong set of technical qualifications; including serving as a change agent, inspiring and driving modern engineering approaches, enriching our culture and embracing the future. Your team is based in Phoenix, NY and India . You will need to have flexible working hours to support the diverse global footprint of our customers and team. Some travel, less than 10%, will be required for the role.
- You will lead a group of very talented and fun product engineering individuals with responsibility for solution architecture, technical design & engineering, and delivery of new, modern, platforms and products.
- Your role includes inspiring, guiding, and enabling the teams success; clearing blockers and providing direction while empowering the team to solve our exciting development challenges
- You will take a hands-on approach to solution, platform and software product design while advancing the modernization and transformation of our Global Loyalty Enterprise Platforms
- You and your team will be responsible for consistently delivering high-quality software products and features
- You will have strong communication skills, be effective at partnering with business, marketing and product owners as well as presenting to senior leadership, across our teams and or with external partners.
- You will guide and shape our engineering talent strategy by attracting, recruiting, mentoring and developing top engineering talent.
- You will be a creative and passionate leader living the ethos of collaboration, empowerment, partnership, and servant leadership - inspiring our engineers to deliver extraordinary solutions for our Cardmembers
- You have extensive experience leading architectural design, engineering, and implementation in a complex enterprise environment
- You have a proven ability in the development and successful implementation of enterprise grade software & APIs; specifically with cloud native solutions
- Recent and meaningful experience working with agile development methodologies; with experience leading or being part of an agile transformation highly valued
- Recent experience in the delivery of software with modern engineering practices such as CI/CD, DevOps, containers, microservices, etc.;
- You have demonstrated expertise in designing highly available, fault-tolerant, and highly scalable cloud native software solutions; with strong technical expertise in managing financial data and balancing controls .
- You can optimize the performance of enterprise software systems and/or components;
- You embrace complex problem solving with creativity and positivity and the ability to partner across the organisation in aligning on a solution architecture and coordinating in feature delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or related field;
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, business administration or related field a plus.
- The role will go through a technical assessment in addition to leadership assessment. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions. / /
Title: Engineering Director, Product Engineering (Partner Payments MIS)
Other Locations: US-Arizona-Phoenix, US-New York-New York
Requisition ID: 18015775