Bank of America Development Team Lead in Plano, Texas
Responsible for team level contributions to overall application development efforts within portfolio application(s); These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Provides technical direction and oversight on creation of applications from E2E (end to end) perspective. Ensuring systems design, business requirements, and architecture of solution is well understood by involved parties and responsible for overall delivery of software products. Manages applications/ development projects, or complex initiatives of an area of the development function. Responsible for instructing, directing, and reviewing the work of other associates, contractors, and strategic partner resources that are part of their team. May provide input on performance management and personnel decisions. As appropriate, contributes to budget and forecast activities, monitors team progress, and works with Team Manager to adjust resource allocations and priorities accordingly.
A Feature or Team Lead has built significant experience through multiple software implementations and has developed both depth and breadth in a number of technical competencies. The person should have extensive knowledge of design and architectural patterns as well as Agile and DevOps principles and use them to develop both solutions and processes for delivering the software in their area. This individual provides technical direction and oversight to lead a team as they deliver technology solutions. This is a technical thought-leadership and functional management role. This individual ensures systems design and business requirements are understood across stakeholders spanning organizational boundaries
Required Skills: • 7+ years’ experience in technology and working in an agile environment
• Subject matter expert in solution design, batch process, Data Analysis, Data transformation and Loading data to target enironment
• Expert on all common design patterns, and spots opportunities for re-use across applications and organizational boundaries
• Manages incidents using the formal incident management process, diagnoses root causes of incidents, plans and drives incident resolutions. • Analyses service levels and create remediation plans to reach agreed levels.
• Plans, monitors and tracks the activities of team members, whilst managing work-in-progress.
• Engages directly with stakeholders to share team velocity, and to prioritise tasks against milestones.
• Facilitates consistent and transparent team velocity and release cadence
• Strong knowledge of governance processes, tools and forums used within the organization, using this to lead governance forums relevant to their area/change.
• Determines appropriate members of forum and produces a Terms of Reference for each forum, setting agenda and producing materials for governance forums.
• Solicits feedback from customers and stakeholders to measure the effectiveness of stakeholder management,
HADOOP, UNIX SHELL SCRIPTING, AUTOSYS, RDBMS (ORACLE Preferred), BI REPORTING TOOLS ( MSTR / TABELAU Preferred)
Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position
Posting Date : 10/11/2018
Plano, TX, BUILDING C, 7105 CORPORATE DR,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.