Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Incorporated Tech Program Associate, Technical Activities in Piscataway, New Jersey
The overall purpose of this position is to serve as the primary point of contact for all levels of volunteers within the society as well as the staff subject matter expert for the Society, frequently being the first point of contact for the volunteers. The incumbent will maintain the society archive of all business activity within the society and assure that all information is up to date in all media types for both internal and external consumption. He/she ensures that society policy documentation is complete and clearly written and will advise and provide direction to volunteers on interpretation of policy as well as working through the governance process to gain approvals for required policy changes.
He/She will provide volunteers with the knowledge and direct access to the information needed to ensure smooth operations for the society. The incumbent will provide direct support for committees and events within the society. He/she must have a clear understanding of the operations required to manage the society and its activities they are engaged in.
Based on regular collaboration with other staff offices, he/she will develop recommendations regarding best practices and provide them to Society leaders. This position works independently with minimal supervision and has the ability to make general society decisions. The incumbent will also have up to $5, 000 in expenditure approval. He or she will approve expenditures within the materials and services the S/C budget.
This position will be expected at times to manage larger project initiatives that require his/her expertise of the S/C structure, operations and working relationships with other organizational units. He/she ensures that the TAB goals are understood and represented in the decision process of the project development phase. The role reports to the Director, Technical Activities Operations and Society Support Services and has no direct reports.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates society activities to assure they remain on schedule through regular interaction with all society committees chairs and officers
- Oversee all Volunteer Relations Programs of assigned IEEE Society
- Oversees Conference and Meeting Program to include MOUs and contracts, meeting specifications, WebEx & webinar coordination. Coordinates Finance & Budget Operations Society Treasurer and the liaisons of related business units including conference and IEEE finance.
- Work with new society presidents and treasures to assure they are up to speed as fast as possible after a change over from year to year
- Maintain the master calendar for the society
- Coordinates scheduling and preparation for BoG and committee meetings
- Create agendas and minutes for all meetings
- Provides all aspects of meeting planning and on-site support
- Support the archiving and change management of all regular documents and activities
- Oversees the set up officer dinners and retreats, Board of Governors lunches, and Board of Governors meetings
- Support the society Awards Luncheon
- Creates brochures and scripts for the societys annual symposium
- Order and distribute plaques and certificates
- Maintain records on proposed changes to constitution and bylaws
- Leeds the implementation of policy changes approved by the BoG through IEEE procedures and governance
- Preforms contract reviews, invoice payments, and other finance related matters
- Grant reporting and tracking for special projects
- Gather and process reimbursement requests for all volunteers
- Foster interaction with / learning from other societies
- Guides the society with respect IEEE changes and initiatives and how they would affect the society (e.g., changes in "the algorithm" that determines Society's IEEE Xplore income)
- Provide the President and EiC with guidance and support with preparation for TAB reviews
- Guides with writing SRC and Transactions review reports
- Provides input in order to assist with booths, publicity and promotional collateral materials, membership growth & retention programs, chapter formation and funding support
- Coordinates Awards and Grants Programs/Processing
- Continuously improves the quality and information included in IEEE governance documents related to the S/C
- Develops and maintains content development and distribution, e-news, and dissemination of information dissemination. Inform volunteers of policy changes and supporting procedures.
Web Page Administration:
- Implement regular and annual updates, including but not limited to
- Committee membership
- Chapter status / officers
- News items
- Job announcements
- Implement review process to discover and correct broken links and inaccurate or out of date information, make suggestions to online committee for website improvements.
- Includes conferences, schools, membership and student sub-committee support
- Maintain data on locations of past events and on individuals expressing possible interest for future events, etc.
- Manage interactions relating to these committees
- Collect and organize materials for proposals and past events
- Serve as a clearing house for and provide information on procedures, past examples, best practices, etc.
- Maintain up to date information on chapter officers and activities
- Oversight of the Distinguished Lecturer Program:
- Inform DLs of chapter locations
- Collect potential travel dates from DLs
- Advertise DLs and their travel schedules to chapters
- Share programming ideas and best practices among chapters
- Organizes events, collecting materials for reimbursement
- Maintain mentor / mentee list and aid in soliciting future participants
- Maintain and ensures the integrity of data related to Societal activities including:
- Geographic demographics
- Career stage demographics
- Under-represented groups demographics
- Conference attendance
- Impact of initiatives (e.g., differential pricing, advertising, etc.)
- Provide reports from the data collected above for volunteers and committee.
- Interface with IEEE administrative functions
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity