AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Accountant in Phoenix, United States
A career with AAA Northern California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and Mountain West is unique, just like you.
We’re a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be America’s most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing. With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You’ll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too.
Our Accountant role will be very hands on and play an integral part in all aspects of accounting operations including having a key role in the close process with opportunities to work on various projects as we continue to grow. The ideal candidate will be someone who can roll up their sleeves to execute accounting operations and contribute to the implementation of more efficient processes. The Accountant should enjoy a fast-paced environment, be a team player and have an excellent ability to prioritize individual and team objectives.
· Execute on all aspects of accounting operations, including but not limited to A/P, A/R, fixed assets, prepaids, general ledger, and revenue recognition
· Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process including the review and posting of journal entries
· Prepare general ledger account reconciliations
· Execute daily reconciliation procedures for cash accounts
· Review and approve reconciliations prepared by others
· Assist with researching and resolving technical accounting issues
· Assist with the development and improvement of internal controls
· Ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
· 4-6 years of total accounting experience, with increasing levels of experience
· Hands-on approach, extremely detail oriented
· Strong understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
· Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookup formulas
· Ability to thrive in fast-growing environment where change is the norm; requires strong multi-tasking skills, and the flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
· Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Workday experience is a plus
We’ll value your skills and experience. We’re building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow’s leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.
Innovation. It’s what motivates and drives our 4,200 Team Members as the key to enhance Member value, employee satisfaction, and our future success. We have a 117-year history of service, creating Members for life. We generate $4 Billion in annual sales and serve nearly 6 million Members across 7 states. A3 is our Innovation Lab, where we have launched GIG Car Share, GoMentum Station, AAA CarConnect, AAA House Manager, and the first Autonomous Shuttle. If innovation and purpose are what you’re looking for, journey forward with us.