American Express Senior Engineer-Full Stack in Phoenix, Arizona
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. Digital Acquisition is a core business process within American Express Technologies, which is accountable for delivery of online card acquisition experiences.
The capabilities within the International Digital Acquisition platform encompass responsively designed web applications, B2B service integrations, and agent-assisted mobile capabilities supporting customer applications for credit/charge card products. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
As a Sr Engineer the successful candidate will play a key role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with his/her peers, technology partners, and product owners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases.
• Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and builds automation tools for testing
• Performing hands-on software and strategy development, typically spending most of time actually writing code, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews, and testing in ongoing sprints
• Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
• Developing deep understanding of integrations with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
• Working with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets • Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
• Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems
• Finalizing HTML prototypes into Web Applications by integrating with back-end services and functionality
• Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices and consistent framework usage.
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
• This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
This high energy Software Engineer must have:
• 5 Years of software development experience and preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
• Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
• Expertise with Java applications design and development in an Enterprise setting using J2EE, Spring, SQL DBMS’s
• Expertise in Objected Oriented Analysis and Design across a variety of platforms
• Expertise in creating and integrating with SOAP and REST based Web Services.
• Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, and data structure fundamentals
• Experience with continuous integration and various testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, SOAP UI)
• Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
• Experience with internationalization and localization
• A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
• Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design Preferred Additional:
• Experience with JBoss, WebSphere and Cloud Based Deployments
• Experience with Native / Hybrid app development.
• Experience with building SPA applications, and advanced web frameworks like Node and Angular/ReactJS.
• Experience in applying various J2EE / GoF design patterns
• Experience with a broad range of software languages and acquisition technologies
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Title: Senior Engineer-Full Stack
Requisition ID: 18015853