Amsted Industries Factory Automation Control Engineer in Petersburg, Virginia
Factory Automation Control Engineer
- Reference Number
- Business Unit
Amsted Rail Company Inc.
- Job Location
United States / Virginia / Petersburg
- Job Category
BRENCO, located in Petersburg, Virginia, producer of tapered roller bearings for the railroad industry has an immediate need for a highly experienced controls engineer . Brenco is part of larger company – Amsted Rail. ASF-Keystone, Brenco and Griffin Wheel, offer quality solutions that combine castings, bearings and wheels from all three of the Amsted rail divisions, providing some 90% of your freight car undercarriage requirements from one reliable source. We are a 100% employee owned global manufacturing company.
This position will help tofacilitatethe completion of several capital projects both internationally and domestic. This engineer will be a valuable asset for controls engineering department and will support the Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering Departments with a broad range of hands on equipment related issues including: troubleshooting, machine and equipment builds, providing complete electrical controls design w/ required documentation, run-off and installations, design review and team planning
• Providing controls engineering support domestic and internationally to production floor operations.
• Research, evaluate and implement new technologies to improve process at all plant locations world wide, to include Non Destructive Test equipment (NDT) and vision systems.
• Participates in project teams involved in improving safety, quality and worker efficiency through design changes in machinery, material handling equipment, tooling, etc.
• Participates in the development, construction and installation of custom equipment builds, including providing electrical control designs for new equipment, including internationally
• Participates with the Manufacturing IT developers in interfacing the production floor equipment with the DCS systems to provide production reporting and recipe control in all process both domestic and internationally
• Participates in developing capital projects to continue to remove cost from our factory processes to improve safety, quality, and production efficiency.
• Assists maintenance on updating electrical documentation as floor improvements have been required and approved.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering or equivalent
• Experienced in the design and implementation of electrical controls to include PLC’s, HMI, robotics, vision inspection, laser measurement, servos drives, stepper drives, pneumatics and hydraulics
• Able to travel, including internationally, as required.
• AutoCAD, .Net development experience required
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical experience
• Knowledge of precision manufacturing processes
• Kuka System Software, Cognex Vision-Pro and /or Insight Software, Horner OCS Cscape Software, DirectSOFT and C more software, RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500 and MicroLogix,
Brenco/Amsted Rail has been changing lives and putting careers on the move for over 60 years. Come join a team where operational excellence, employee development and continuous improvement are key success factors. Brenco, located in Petersburg, Virginia, is the #1 US producer of tapered roller bearings in the railroad industry. Talented and motivated individuals will have the opportunity to do the best work of their lives with an established 60-year-old company.
The recent increase in demand in business has created the need for highly motivated individuals who will have the opportunity to exercise a positive outlook on continuous improvement initiatives delivering operational excellence. Through competitive wages, outstanding benefits and internal advancement opportunities, you'll have the chance to create a career you can be proud of.
Some of the outstanding benefits include:
•Our retirement package that includes 5% match on 401k contributions
•Employee stock ownership program
•Medical insurance and an on-site medical clinic
•Our recreational park, Brenco Park, is a wonderful facility with a pool, fishing ponds, and basketball and tennis courts
•We are 100% employee-owned. Come to Brenco/Amsted Rail and join a proud family!