Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc. Medical Science Liaison - Southwest in Parsippany, New Jersey
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a private, research-driven specialty biopharmaceutical company active in global markets. The company identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the fields of endocrinology, gastroenterology, infertility, obstetrics, urology and osteoarthritis. In recent years Ferring has expanded beyond its traditional European base, with over 5,000 employees worldwide, it operates subsidiaries in over 60 countries and makes its products available in more than 100 countries.
The Ferring Philosophy places people at the heart of what we do. People come first guides our relations with patients, physicians, employees, and other stakeholders. As a privately-held company with over 5000 employees worldwide, we invite you to share our passion for the power of people and science.
This position serves as the primary field-based scientific liaison between Ferring and thought leaders on the scientific and economic benefits of our Women s Health and Reproductive Health products. This position requires excellent communication skills and the successfully network within scientific and clinical community. This position supports the Southwest region (TX, CO, UT, OK, AR, LA). This position is field based in that travel will be expected to be greater than 65% of the time.
* Establish scientific and clinical relationships with thought leaders and academic centers to engage in scientific exchange
* Present healthcare professionals and decision makers within healthcare systems with accurate, unbiased, balanced and timely answers to unsolicited request for information about FPI products
* Provide study support from protocol and budget development to submission and completion for Phase IV as well as Investigator Initiated Trials (IIT s)
* Provide continuing field scientific support and training for sales and Market Access teams
* Document and forward reports of adverse events to appropriate FPI personnel
* Keep abreast of medical and scientific developments in assigned therapeutic area
* Proactively report competitive activities as well as events that can influence the use of FPI products
* Identify business development opportunities within the focus areas of Women s Health and Reproductive Health
* Develop and deliver very specialized scientific/educational programs including but not limited to formulary presentations for ACO s, health systems, managed care and related organizations
* Assist Medical Affairs as well as agency personnel in the development of presentations and publications
* Actively participate in advisory boards, speaker training events, clinical investigator meetings, regional national and international meetings when required
* Assist in processing of field request for medical education funding
* Actively participate in key medical and scientific conferences by staffing medical information booths; gathering competitive intelligence on competitors and attending scientific sessions
* An advanced degree (e.g. M.D., Pharm.D. or a Ph.D. with a background in Women s Health or Reproductive Health).
* MSL experience preferred
* The ability to apply technical expertise and solutions to diverse/individualized situations is a must for this candidate.
* Excellent presentation skills as well as the ability to successfully interact with medical professionals at all levels are required.
* Working knowledge of FDA and OIG requirements as well as clinical trial design and statistics is required.
* Work is primarily independent in that it is performed without appreciable day-to-day direction. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results against objectives.
* Represents the organization as a prime field medical contact.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you need assistance during the application process due to a disability, please email
Employer's Job# R0007812
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.