Revlon Mechanic - 1st Shift in Oxford, North Carolina
Mechanic with mechanical and electrical skills and knowledge to effectively troubleshoot and repair varied equipment and systems. Strong root cause analysis skills required to eliminate recurring failures.
Plans, initiates and completes job assignments in a prompt and timely manner.
Operates a broad array of shop equipment (mills, lathes, saws, etc)
Participates in project management including line layout derivation/review, installation and start-up.
Interfaces effectively with outside vendors to place supply or part orders.
Keeps assigned work areas safe, clean and orderly.
Completes job assignments in a prompt and timely manner.
Complies with company policy regarding GMP, and all safety regulations.
Effectively troubleshoot electrical, controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, lubrication, and other mechanical systems.
Responds to machinery and equipment emergencies.
Visually inspects and performs tests, diagnosis and maintenance work on machinery and equipment.
Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical schematics.
Performs mechanical and electrical PMs during operation or during periods of scheduled downtime.
Completes maintenance records accurately.
Report all problems that prevent completion of assigned tasks to your supervisor.
Works within a team structure with minimal supervision.
Modifies equipment as assigned to support a continuous improvement culture.
Provides guidance and maintenance instructions as needed.
Continuously looks for and recommends equipment and system improvements.
Works in various areas of the plant is required.
Trains as needed.
Uses root cause analysis skills required to eliminate recurring failures.
Installs, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs a broad range of filling and assembly equipment with varied systems including filling and assembly equipment, conveyors, pumps, carton and box makers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
•Associates Degree or 2 year technical degree from an accredited institution in Mechatronics, Industrial Maintenance Technology, Electrical Maintenance, or some other related and equivalent field AND 3-5 years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
• OR the following education and experience requirements may substitute for above: High School Diploma/GED AND 10 years of mechanical and/or electrical maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment and meets skills requirements.
• Good working knowledge of filling and assembly equipment and systems.
• Ability to operate power shop tools in addition to common hand tools safely and effectively.
• Experience working with a wide range of industrial equipment and with hydraulics, pneumatics, lubrication, welding, pipe-fitting, power transmission systems, etc.
• Experience doing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and/or set up of equipment
• Demonstrated computer (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and internet research skills are required.
• Ability to follow and issue verbal and written instructions .
• Strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple and changing deadlines in a fast paced environment .
• Great attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to build strong internal relationships with other departments.
• Ability and willingness to take initiative .
• Reliability and willingness to work 40+ hours a week to meet deadlines .
• Flexibility to change shifts as required to provide proper support.
• Ability to interpret schematic drawings, hardware logic diagrams, PLC Control programs and motor control programs.
• Ability to read calipers, tape measures and angle gauges.
• Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
• Must pass assessment test(s).
• Continued growth and development to match new technologies.
• Must be able to provide hand tools as required.
• Able to stand and/or walk 90% (sitting 10%) of an 8-hr day which includes climbing a ladder or steps.
• Must meet the vision and hearing requirements.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs and manipulate up to 500 lbs.
Shift Hours: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm