Belcan Technical Show Manager in Orlando, Florida
Technical Show Manager
Job Number: 221556
Description: A Technical Show Manager position in Orlando, FL is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for management, oversight, monitoring, budgeting, scheduling and expediting the design, development and implementation process of Rockwork, Scenic Facades, Scenic Interiors, and Visual Scenic’s on a Project Site. Duties include the management of multiple vendors in both the design and implementation stages. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Set/Scenic Design, Architecture, Building Construction and/or other Bachelor’s Degree coupled with experience in Scenic Construction. Five to seven years design, production and project/contract management experience required. Five to seven years field construction experience specific to set/scenic, creative architecture and the theme park industry. This is a very visible, direct hire opportunity with a growing company and has excellent upward mobility.
Technical Show Manager Job duties:
• Responsible for the management of the fabrication, installation, testing (if required), permitting and on site implementation of all of the rockwork, scenic facades, scenic attractions and other visual scenics for the project, including all art direction approvals, code compliance, technical investigating, compliance to specifications and approval by the authorities having jurisdiction.
• Responsible for concept development, scope of work, request for proposal, bid and award process for all rockwork, scenic facades, scenic interiors and other visual scenics for the project.
• Responsible for the management of the vendors during the design development (shop drawings), sub-consultant coordination, architectural/engineering coordination, art direction and sample programs for all rockwork, scenic facades, scenic interiors and other visual scenics for the project.
• Manages and coordinates Vendor design coordination, facility inputs and attachment interfaces with the Vendor(s), Design Consultants, and Contractor(s).Select materials for component parts and medical devices.
• Develops detailed coordinated schedules for all work by vendor identifying and managing critical path and resource issues. Leads production status and schedules reviews ensuring coordination with Project Team. Monitors all budgetary production expenses for project and/or attraction.
• Bachelor’s degree in Set/Scenic Design, Architecture, Building Construction and/or other Bachelor’s Degree coupled with experience in Scenic Construction is required.
• Five to Seven Years design, production and project/contract management experience required.
• Five to Seven Years field construction experience specific to set/scenic, creative architecture and the theme park industry.
• Required to work with multiple outside vendors including but not limited to architect/engineers, scenic, graphics, special effects, general contractors and ride vendors. Includes travel to their facilities for progress, quality and creative intent review and approvals.
If you are interested in this Technical Show Manager position in Orlando, FL please apply via the “apply now” link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Location: Orlando , FL
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart