Cox Enterprises Vehicle Check-In Clerk I in Newburgh, New York
This position is responsible for the proper check-in and outside registration of customer vehicles for Auction sale.
* Input accurate vehicle information into the AS400 computer using a handheld computer (or provide information via headset to co-worker for data entry) for each vehicle received at the Auction:
* Vehicle Identification number (VIN)
* Stock number
* Dealer identification number
* Make, model, year, mileage, color, options, etc.
* Affix barcode/stock number sticker on each vehicle received.
* Place work order numbers and routing labels on vehicles upon entry.
* Flag \\"no key\\" cars.
* Direct transporters to proper car drop zone.
* Report transport damage as needed.
* Take digital image of vehicle upon receipt.
* Provide proper sale identification windshield code to the person who is driving vehicle through the registration/check-in area.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e. assist on sale days driving vehicles through Auction sales lanes, etc.
* May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 1 to 3 years of previous Auction and/or vehicle registration experience preferred.
* Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
* Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
* Basic computer skills required.
* Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader , Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , VinSolutions , vAuto and Xtime , are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NY-Newburgh-2000 Dealer Dr
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.
Employer's Job# 1815156
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.