Cox Enterprises Body Repair Technician in Newburgh, New York
This position is responsible for repairing all types of body damage including sheet metal, all types of exterior plastic and composite panel repair, vehicle disassembly and reassembly for repair, as well as replacing any parts required to return body damaged vehicles to pre-damage condition and prepare repaired panels/parts for refinish application.
* Verify vehicle and repairs to be performed using repair order or tracking label prior to beginning repairs.
* Repair all damaged body panels as directed by management. Follow repair procedures as defined in Manheim s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
* Replace damaged panels or other body components as directed.
* Properly handle, apply, and dispose of any surface coatings as directed in Manheim s SOP and defined in federal, state or local regulations.
* Finish all repairs as required to meet Manheim s customer expectations for quality.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
* 1 3 years of collision and/or mechanical estimating experience preferred.
* Paint Training Certification that meets HAPS 6H requirements required.
* Valid Respirator Fit Test Certificate required.
* Valid driver s license and safe driving record required.
* Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Effective verbal communication and customer service skills.
* Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Exhibit strong leadership skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds (e.g., tools, equipment, etc.).
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level. May be exposed to fumes and odors.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader , Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , VinSolutions , vAuto and Xtime , are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NY-Newburgh-2000 Dealer Dr
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.
Employer's Job# 1815761
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.