Rockwell Automation, Inc. Information Software (IS) Technical Consultant in Newark, New Jersey
The Information Software (IS) Technical Consultant provides pre-sales services to both internal and external customers focusing on the implementation and deployment of FactoryTalk Information Software products. The primary focus of the position is to support the IS Sales Team in working with our Customers on their Connected Enterprise Journeys.Reporting to the Manager of Technical Consultants, Information Software, this position primarily provides sales support to the Information Software Sales Executives primarily within North America as well as other key customer engagements from other sales teams. The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to interact and influence effectively across all levels of the company. In addition, strong commercial, product/service/solution and application skills are necessary. This position requires moderate to extensive travel primarily within North America, but could include some in our other global regions.The Sales Team are leaning on this person to provide their expertise in guiding the Customer's Technical requirements.Summary of Responsibilities:* Respond to RFIs and RFQs
* Work with Rockwell sales representatives on sales strategies, plans and execution
* Present qualitative and quantitative value of the proposed solutions
* Create custom presentations and documents that clearly state customer business problems and Rockwell solutions and benefits
* Communicate with customer IT representatives to understand customer IT infrastructure and policies and to present solutions that fit into customer IT environment
* Provide guidance to customers and implementers on ways to deploy proposed products including alternatives and their costs and benefits
* Work with deployment teams (internal or partners) on deployment strategies and specific proposals as needed
* Prepares technical materials, presentations and tools to improve sales force effectiveness.
* Evaluates products and provides feedback on product features and performance.
* Serves as technical expert for pre-sale customers and internal events.
* Develops product enhancements to be used by various delivery teams in order to either extend existing product functionality and/or to improve development efficiency.
* Serve as RA technical representative to industry associations and standards committees.
* Customer focused attitude.
* Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work.
* Is a self-sufficient knowledge worker.
* Receives guidelines and goals on new assignments and is expected to develop their own plan to achieve these goals.
* Ability to manage an ad-hoc team of individuals in order to meet a project goal. #techjobEOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Engineering or other technical field OR a BS/BA in Business or Marketing with technical experience in the factory automation field. An MBA or advanced degree in business management is desirable.
- 5+ years of product experience and application development in the Industrial Automation, (MES) Manufacturing Execution System, ERP, or Enterprise Software fields.
- 3-years pre-sales experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- THIS ROLE COULD BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES WITH CLOSE ACCESS TO A MAJOR AIRPORT.
- Expertise in Manufacturing Execution System
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people not under direct control in a fast-paced team environment.
- Be able to work effectively and proficiently with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server (Configuration and development of SQL code)
- Cloud Computing (Microsoft Azure)
- Mobile Platforms and Devices (Windows Mobile, Apple iOS, Android)
- Familiarization with various Microsoft Technologies
- Visual Studio, SQL, SSRS, PowerBI, Office
- Programming experience in Java, C# or C++ or equivalent
- Has a Continuous Improvement Attitude
- Maintains their SME status in their Industry
- Stays current and be conversant with the latest relevant technologies and competitive offerings
Architecture and Software
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions
Houston - Texas, Los Angeles - California, Memphis - Tennessee, Milwaukee - Wisconsin, Philadelphia - Pennsylvania, Raleigh - North Carolina, San Francisco - California, New York - New Jersey, Cleveland - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at .
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the for more information.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at email@example.com