New York Life Insurance Co Senior Associate, Strategic Capabilities, Retail Life Business in New York, New York
New York Life Insurance Company (New York Life or the company) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Lifes surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moodys Aaa; Standard & Poors AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanitythe values upon which New York Life was foundedhave guided the companys decisions and actions for over 170 years.
New York Lifes Insurance & Agency Group is seeking a highly qualified individual for the role of Senior Associate, Strategic Capabilities. This team is responsible for development and delivery of strategic capabilities, including application of new data (e.g. digital health data) and advanced analytics techniques, to deliver customer value or operational efficiencies across the life insurance value chain.
This is a unique opportunity to have a significant impact on the future growth and operations of the company through the development of key strategic capabilities as New York Life (and the life insurance industry as a whole) is at an early stage of developing a customer-centric strategy, business model, marketing and risk assessment capabilities. The ideal candidate will have prior consulting experience, with a strong understanding of the insurance business.
* Support cross-functional teams across a broad range of functional areas to enable execution of NYLs multi-year purchase experience and UW innovation strategy
* Contribute to project planning and execution of critical cross-functional initiatives linked to the development of key strategic capabilities for New York Life
* For above projects, support all activities related to strategic goal identification, roadmap development, detailed workstream planning and execution, resource requirements and availability, and governance and program management
* Create highly effective cross-functional working teams with key workstreams staffed by members from related functional areas
* Work with external partners and vendors to conceive and execute a process for evaluation of new, innovative data sources for risk assessment and advanced analytics
* Support pilot projects to evaluate new data sources and analytics capabilities
* Help set pilot evaluation criteria, work with operational teams to operationalize data and capabilities that successfully meet pilot criteria
* Manage project governance, and effectively communicate project status with senior management on a regular basis
* Support strategic decision making with research, modeling, analysis & effective presentations of key factors influencing and driving the businesses
* Drive collaborative development of core long-term strategic operating plan, including execution strategy, capability gaps, strategic initiatives and key performance indicators
* Develop materials to communicate strategy to various constituencies, including executive management, board and employees
* Demonstrated track record of participating in high-functioning cross-functional teams and collaborating effectively across a broad range of functions and stakeholders
* Strong execution orientation an absolute must, demonstrated change management skills
* Self-motivated, with strong leadership skills and executive presence