Comcast Product Manager, Ad Experience in New York, New York
FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers, FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal results for marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY :
FreeWheel is hiring a Product Manager based in either San Francisco or New York who will join the team that is developing FreeWheel's HyLDA product. (Check out the FreeWheel blog post about this year's Super Bowl LI for more details!) We are looking to have someone join us in our work building new areas of the system focused on giving clients additional control over their inventory and ad delivery experiences.
In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing the design and development of areas of FreeWheel's platform. A successful candidate will engage with clients, engineering, marketing, sales, services, and product management, while developing the next generation of product capabilities. This opportunity offers the right candidate a chance to shape a key product in the FreeWheel portfolio and to drive the future of the video advertising industry.
- Own end-to-end ideation, design, and delivery of features and technologies that enable FreeWheel clients to organize and deliver ads into their content.
- Help set product strategy and direction for ad experience configuration at FreeWheel.
- Identify new product opportunities from industry trends and challenges, and perform market/competitive analysis to inform product decisions and roadmap.
- Holistically understand core business problems and requirements from clients, prospects, sales and support, in order to invent efficient and useful solutions.
- Using agile methodologies, oversee the engineering team's product development efforts, ensuring the final product is functional, operational, and meets design and feature specifications.
- Partner with various functions including sales, marketing, advisory services, and client solutions to successfully position products and features for successful client use.
- Use limited resources effectively, by building business cases for new products and features and prioritizing needs based on team objectives; clearly highlight business use cases and vet assumptions prior to further investment.
- Define and consistently measure quantifiable success metrics of owned products with each feature.
- Maintain a general awareness and understanding of the advertising/media operations and cable TV/content-providers landscape, including vendors, partners, and new dynamic web-advertising technologies.
- Position requires approximately 20% time for travel (domestic and international).
ABOUT YOU :
- 3-5 years of Product Management or equivalent experience with successful history of delivering customer-oriented, complex solutions in a fast-moving environment, ideally in the digital advertising space.
- A computer science, math, or engineering undergraduate degree or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services.
- Proven ability to quickly learn, understand, and expand complex products, processes, and concepts.
- Superior communication skills for addressing colleagues, teams, and customers; the ability to present complicated concepts in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience understanding and evaluating client requests, translating requests into detailed designs, and guiding engineering through implementation.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in the industry, development processes, and business priorities.
- Project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to develop an excellent grasp of the strategic, competitive, and economic dimensions of our clients' businesses.
- Passionate about what you do, and fired up about the opportunity in front of FreeWheel.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer