BNY Mellon Principal Developer - Agile Java Angular Python in New York, New York
This position is in the BNY Mellon Information Lifecycle Management group, responsible for building and buying solutions to support Cyber Security Data Masking, Records Management, Application Archive and eDiscovery/Legal Hold workflows across the vast array of enterprise data. This broad mandate creates varied and exciting opportunities for an experienced developer with strong integration skills interested in tackling big data issues. We work in small, highly motivated, self-directed teams primarily in the NY Metro area leveraging Pune production support staff. We are looking for an individual who will bring their strong technical skills to collaborate with and provide direction and guidance to the team and represent solutions to the various architecture review boards.
This position is within a department of the TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG), the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient DCaaS using the latest innovative infrastructure. Building on top of BNY Mellon's cloud deployment strength, TSG is aggressively automating and bridging the Greenfield cloud with existing virtual computing environments.
Current projects include:
- Full life-cycle development - The LoB Record Class/Retention Schedule Inventory and Metrics system with RESTful APIs exposed to vendor products and other in-house applications. Opportunities include Server-side and UI design, develop, build and deploy in our latest cloud environment.
- R&D & PoCs - Identify and plan the next-generation full (or partial) vendor or in-house solutions for records management, data masking, and analytics.
- Integration - Combine various tools (Splunk/Dynatrace/HPOV) to provide concise monitoring dashboards, analytics and alerts on globally deployed vendor products, in-house applications and utilities.
To contribute to our success as a Principal Developer, you will work with internal business and technology groups to provide application software development services and technical support from issue and requirements analysis through recommendation and solution execution. This position requires you to provide comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staff including Enterprise Architecture & Engineering. Work includes evaluating compliance with the organization's technology standards, recommending and executing any required remediation. You will guides and consult with IT management and technical staff regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. You will participate in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies and advocate for innovative, creative technology solutions.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience in cyber security / records management a plus.
- Expertise in JAVA, Python, Agile development: APIs and various SDKs required
- Experience with Windows and Linux OS, SFTP, NDM, WAS, LDAP, configuration required.
- Good communication skills required.
- Experience with multiple DBMS (DB/2, Oracle, Hadoop, SQL Server) design, tuning and optimization preferred.
- Experience with Agile SCRUM and Enterprise Development Life Cycle processes preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Brooklyn
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1805519
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.