Fidelity Information Services Java Developer in New York, New York
- Functional Area:Consulting
- Position Type:Not Indicated
- Location:US - New York
- Department:Complex Technology Transformation
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
We currently have a great opportunity for top talent with strong Financial Services and Consulting experience to join our team of Senior Consultants in New York City.
As a Management Consultant at Capco you will be playing a key role in the delivery of projects, working on client site to deliver large-scale change initiatives for leading clients across Financial Services, either within Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Wealth and/or Insurance. Fitting that description, you will also need to be supremely personally motivated to work in a team where clients become colleagues too.
Skills & Expertise
It will be very useful if you have some or all of the following skills and experience
- Experience/knowledge working within Wealth Management/Financial Services/ Capital Markets
- Excellent Communication and Stakeholder Management Skills - the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences across business function and level and tailor messages appropriately
- Requirements Gathering - the ability to produce structured functional specification, including experience of User Story
- Data Analysis and Interpretation - the ability to critically evaluate information gathered across multiple sources, reconcile variances and recommend proposals to senior management and key stakeholders.
- 5+ years of professional working experience
- Extensive experience in Java and SQL
- Well versed in Spring framework, REST APIs
- Must have a flexible mindset and balance/adjust process to match delivery
- Experience in successfully delivering business and technology projects
- Excellent senior stakeholder management and partnership skills
- Ability learn new programming languages if needed
- Demonstrate ownership and possess capacity to work with minimal supervision, yet deliver consistently
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners
and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.