Open Door Family Medical Center General Dentists PT/FT - Mamaroneck in New York, New York
Open Door Family Medical Centers has been serving low-income, under-served residents and those lacking access to health care in the communities of Westchester and Putnam counties for more than 40 years, providing high quality primary health care and human services at affordable prices.
This year, Open Door will be the medical home for more than 50,000 patients, providing more than 250,000 visits. Our family medical services include primary medical care, dentistry, mental health, optometry, podiatry, and women’s health in Ossining, Sleepy Hollow, Port Chester, Mamaroneck, Mount Kisco, and Brewster, NY.
Open Door is seeking a well-rounded general dentist part time (3 days/wk) or full Time for our Mamaroneck, NY. General dentists will report to the Director of Dental Services. He/she must be proficient in all aspects of essential dental services. Open Door Family Medical Centers are located in Westchester and Putnam counties located just North of New York City, which offer excellent schools, easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities, and superb transportation connections to New York City.
- Provide quality dental care to patients across the life span…infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients
- Able to focus on essential dental services, especially preventive, restorative, exodontia and management of dental emergencies
- Ensure quality oral health care is delivered in a cost-effective, consistent and safe manner.
- Provide appropriate specialist referrals and follow-up as required
- Maintain electronic health records in compliance with Open Door’s standards with high efficiency
- Engage patient, family and cross-functional care teams for sustained health and overall well-being of the patient
- Maintain familiarity with ongoing research and development in relevant fields
- Ensure performance improvement initiatives are supported with timely and accurate data and consistent actions
- Represent Open Door in community outreach activities as required
- Supervision of dental residents may be future responsibility, so candidates with experience in teaching environment will be given preference.
- Doctor of Dental Medicine or Surgery, from CODA accredited institution
- Current NYS license without restrictions in NYS prior to start date
- Completion of a one-year General Practice Residency or Advanced Education in General Dentistry. Additional 2-5 years’ experience in a Community Health Center or academic setting delivering patient care is desired
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Outstanding “chair-side manners”: patient-centric with empathy, excellent active listening and communication skills
- Outstanding clinical capabilities and judgment
- Responsive and comfortable working in a past-faced, high accountability environment.
- Familiarity with appropriate documentation and compliance for public health dental practices and ability to adapt to existing electronic health records systems (eClinical Works and Open Dental)
- Excellent judgment and ability to prioritize resources where they will be most useful
- Comfortable receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Engaged in life-time learning and continuous quality improvement
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with a culturally diverse patient and staff population
- Passionate about providing quality oral health care to low-income, under-served residents and those lacking access to health care
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Open Door Family Medical Centers. In addition to working to effect positive change in the health and lives of thousands residents of Westchester and Putnam counties, Open Door offers its employees a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and 401(k), generous paid time off, onsite Wellness facilities, and educational assistance. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on patient care.
At Open Door, we enjoy working in a team-based, patient-centered environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that values our patients and the communities we serve.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of patients in the health of our communities of Westchester and Putnam counties, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to improve the health of our communities, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Open Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date Posted : December 7, 2017