New York Life Insurance Co Fraud Protection Sr. Analyst in New York, New York
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moodys Aaa; Standard & Poors AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanitythe values upon which New York Life was foundedhave guided the companys decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Working under the direction of the Client and Agent Protection team manager, the Senior Associate is responsible for performing reviews for the Client Identification Program and fraudulent activity which involves the analysis of alerts to validate our clients identity and identify fraudulent activity such as account take overs, familial fraud, employee fraud, etc. The Senior Associate is required to review and independently decision more complex alerts timely and accurately leveraging their experience, fraud knowledge, technology and industry trends. This includes proactively analyzing trends using link analysis, identifying emerging issues, behaviors and process gaps that can pose a future risk. The position is required to independently mitigate financial losses of compromised clients in a timely manner by knowing how to secure the clients account, have transactions reversed, interact with clients to confirm transactions and our business partners, etc. Identify inefficiencies and control gaps from having a very strong understanding of NYLs fraud landscape as well as within the industry. Communicate to the Client & Agent Protection team management and their business partners any findings and propose solutions to address issues identified is required. The Senior Associate will at times act as a project manager to help facilitate initiatives to enhance the Client & Agent Protection teams functions. This individual will help coordinate projects with Technology, objectives and the path for implementation.
* Conduct thorough in-depth Customer Identification Program and fraud reviews of complex cases.
* Act as a lead on the review and direct team members on more complex Customer Identification Program or fraud reviews.
* Propose process improvements and recommendations to management.
* Provide coaching and feedback to team members on more complex Customer Identification Program or fraud reviews.
* Update and maintain the Customer Identification Program and fraud tracking mechanisms.
* Manage alert queues and assign/allocates work to team members if necessary.
* Follow up with our business partners regarding open items.
* Provide updates to management and our business partners on the Customer Identification Program and fraud activity.
* Mentor and train team members on the Customer Identification Program and fraud review process and assist them with analyzing data and trends.
* Provide Customer Identification Program or fraud training to new hires in the call center and service teams.
* Interact with clients to validate information and confirm transactions requested were properly authorized.
* Provides daily/monthly work on hand reporting to the Client and Agent Protection management.
* Degree - required
* Experience - 3+ years
* CFE preferred
* Technical Expertise: Expected to have a high degree of understanding of the Customer Identification Program and fraud process. Monitor the teams queues and reports to identify high risk activity. Ability to analyze accounts and patterns of activity to identify fraud trends through link analysis to determine if multiple policy holders are effected by a fr...