Ross Stores, Inc. Director, Human Resources, Business Partner in New York, New York
Director, Human Resources, Business Partner
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2016 revenues of $12.9 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,340 locations in 36 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 190 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 15 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
In our fast paced environment, the Director, Human Resources, Business Partner will wear many hats: providing guidance, consulting & direction in multiple functional areas - employee relations, organization design, L&D, HR functional efficiencies. This individual will be responsible for partnering with our Planning team in NY. He or she will partner with these businesses to determine their key needs and establish HR strategies & programs that will support our Corporate & HR initiatives while ensuring a productive, engaged growing workforce.
To be successful in this role, you will need to lead with a people-first approach; be passionate about Human Resources as a key function to business success & a demonstrated ability to translate strong business acumen to HR strategies and successful HR/people programs.
- Responsible for building relationships with the teams to implement strategies that meet the HR objectives
- Ability to influence and navigate across complex arguments and engage with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner
- Serve as primary contact for Planning group to assist Associates in resolving issues, navigating workplace dynamics and driving career growth
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback across all levels of the team
- Through partnership with the business, identify trends for HR/people oriented program needs & translate into comprehensive programs to positively impact change management
- Partner with HR leaders & HR team to proactively discuss opportunities to address workforce development programs that are supported by data (i.e., external market data, environmental scanning, HR Market developments)
- Collaborate with Recruitment partners to ensure talent needs are identified, priorities set and talent profiles aligned to business need & growth
- Identify, implement and maintain programs and practices that ensure a healthy, productive and growing culture
- Ability to drive progressive change management and process improvement
- Utilize current HR systems and reports to interpret and analyze data and to assist with planning and reporting
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Team Player
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Customer Service
- Minimum 10 years experience in a service industry with a preference for corporate retail experience.
- Previous management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster strong relationships with hiring managers at all levels.
- Superior communication skills; a compelling communicator able to engage the attention of busy, senior executives.
- Must be able to consistently ensure impeccable follow through and communication to the organization.