L'Oreal USA S/D, Inc. Dir - Foresight and Fast Track - R&I in New York, New York
L'Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. We are currently seeking a candidate to be part of the Consumer & Market Insight (CMI) group.
The CMI group provides insights and intelligence that facilitates management decision-making and Innovation. The CMI group tracks and analyzes micro, macro and mega trends to forecasts market, consumer and competitive activity. The CMI team translates trends into Innovation opportunities. The CMI group is culturally-connected, dynamic, vibrant, agile and experimenting with cutting-edge tools and analytical techniques.
The Foresight Director should have 7-10 years experience in the fashion or beauty trends space, with strong ability to:
* see trends, cultural shifts and identify which ones should be concretely followed by the group
* detect interesting innovative products / technologies / concepts / experiences and define which one could be concretely transformed and launched by the group, in line with the group strategy
* push an idea and lead a validation process among different hierarchical levels
* lead an innovation project kick off
* rally people from different teams around a common project
This is a role that requires a true sensitivity for cosmetic products, strong marketing and communication skills, as well as a great trend intuition. This role is also for someone with an analytical mind which can use data to support a recommendation. This role requires extreme knowledge of the beauty industry (brands, influencers, media, vloggers, social media, etc.), and confidence to forecast trends and push an idea. This role is for a curious, self-motivated, hardworking, organized and detail-oriented individual, who is passionate about all things beauty, fashion and pop-culture, and is able to spot the next "big thing" and make it happen!
* Identifying patterns, emerging themes and trending products/brands and consumer behavior
* Discovering insights about market dynamics and competitive activity
* Managing a trend spotting community (internal and external trend scouts)
* Analyzing competitive activity (both online with tools and manually in the market)
* Using all available knowledge (trend, market dynamics, competitive activity …) and liaising with the internal Innovation community to strategize Innovation opportunities, new product concepts and propose a list of potential innovation projects - and not only communicate trends and competitive activity.
* Leading the validation process of those projects among the internal Innovation community: labs, DI, Chief Innovation Officer
* Supporting the innovation projects with data: market figures, trend analysis, social listening analysis, etc
* Leading the innovation project kick off
* Managing a proprietary trend database (access, training, cleaning, organizing, tagging )
* Managing trend agency partners and freelance trend-spotters
* Maintaining a tool-suite of trendspotting tools (Mintel, Beauty Streams, Trendhunter PRO, LSN, Industry Intelligence, Google Insights, etc.)
* Monthly competitive products alerts (Hotspot)
* Quarterly trend analyses (Zooms)
* Ad hoc email alerts or reports (deep dives on topics) depending on the current events
* Sharing and presenting trends and implications
* Conducting desktop research, and scanning culture
* Conducting social listening
* Analyzing GIFs, memes, YouTube videos/vloggers, hastags
* Producing trend presentations that are supported by data points to tell a story and illustrate findings and insights
* BS in Communications, Marketing,
* 7 years experience in beauty or fashion trends: knowledge of beauty category (hair, makeup, skin) is critical
* Marketing experience in product development
* Community management experience (i.e., managing a human network)
* Avid Social Media user (Twitter, Snap Chat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
* Some experience with Social Listening
* Excellent writing and communication skills (with strong presentation skills), and the ability to build a presentation narrative
* Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) - a certain amount of data proficiency is required when analyzing trends
* Has an "eye": Basic design skills (i.e., ability to produce an attractive an clear PPT presentation)
* Some experience with Innovation processes preferred
* Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
This is a full time role based in Clark, NJ.
This role will report to the VP, Consumer & Market Foresight & Insight.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationA. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
Employer's Job# 55474
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.