Fitch Inc Credit Analyst / Associate Director covering Leveraged Finance sector in New York, New York
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of todays global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is seeking an Analyst or Associate Director within the Leverage Finance sector in the US Corporates Group. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- has a demonstrated understanding of and a keen interest in Leverage Finance industries;
- has strong process and project management skills
- has quantitative and database management expertise
- has a professional background in capital markets and/or credit analysis and well developed financial statement analysis skills;
- has experience in interpreting complex legal documents such as bank agreements and bond indentures;
- wants to deepen their exposure to and understanding of the debt capital markets;
- has outstanding interpersonal skills displayed by a strong pattern of leadership and the ability to proactively and successfully interact with various stakeholders, both within and outside of the organization.
Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a demonstrated willingness to perform a significant amount of database management work and an ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. Fitch is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication and collaboration skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic and results oriented mindset.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing credit quality of companies in the Leverage Finance sector;
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive financial models and databases;
- Conducting and/or participating in meetings with Leverage Finance industry management teams;
- Presenting analysis of companies to internal credit rating committees;
- Involvement in communicating rating rationale to external audiences (primarily institutional investors, sell-side analysts and media) in meetings, conference calls, press releases and written research reports;
- Participating in the evaluation of other credits within Corporates, as well as other related credit groups.
- Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree a plus;
- CFA/CPA preferred;
- 3 years relevant experience, including some coverage or knowledge of Leverage Finance sectors;
- capital markets and/or credit analysis experience a plus;
- Expertise in Excel, Access and Word;
- computer programming skills a plus;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- Ability to excel in a team oriented environment.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitchs credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http: //www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity