Scripps Networks, LLC Accounting & Finance Internship- Spring 2019 in New York, New York
Discovery Interns are explorers, they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren't afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery's Internship Program, you'll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here's what we offer:
• Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
• Mentorship from Discovery's best and brightest
• Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
• Networking opportunities with great snacks
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here's what you'll take away:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn't know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
• This spring, our 12 week semester will be held from January 28th-April 19th 2019.
• Our Internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The application deadline is November 16th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from October through December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Accounting and Finance are integral parts to Discovery. Interns will be exposed to the inner workings of how a publicly traded, Fortune 500 company operates.
As an Accounting & Finance Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Learn Ledger closing and reporting, SOX compliance, and SEC filing
• Exposure to internal audit testing & documentation
• Some intern positions may provide exposure to external financial reporting and internal control reporting
• Development of new SOX narratives
• Tax accounting opportunities will include general tax experience, increased knowledge of returns, apportionment, organizational charts, tax calendars, foreign tax certifications, and transfer pricing projects
* Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an Internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
new york, nyc
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.