Novartis Services Incorporated Access & Reimbursement Manager - Phoenix AZ (Remote) in New York, New York
927 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2017. 200 projects currently in clinical development. 16 major approvals last year alone. These are achievements we're incredibly proud of, but in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
The Retina Franchise is looking for highly energized, passionate talent to join what we anticipate will be one of the most impactful launches in the Novartis ophthalmology portfolio.
Do you want to be part of building and launching a brand from scratch in a dynamic retina marketplace? How about bringing a brand to market with the potential to impact millions of patients every year?Your Responsibilities:The Access & Reimbursement Manager (ARM) proactively provides education and support on retina products access programs for retina physicians and their staff. They serve as the key contact responsible for reimbursement and access support-related matters for retina products in the assigned geography. The ARM will educate and support the integration of retina products into retina offices as well as provide support on reimbursement related processes and issues, as needed. Additionally, the ARM will analyze reimbursement and access issues and act as the local access and reimbursement resource for other field sales force personnel and region management. The ARM will need to coordinate cross functionally within Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) i.e. Field Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Public Affairs, State & Government Affairs, Trade, Specialty Pharmacy Account Management and applicable third party affiliates.
Access Program Support
* To support patient access to retina products, proactively provide education and support on programs to support integration of retina products into office processes and workflows.
* Address customer questions for issues related to NPC policies on retina products ordering, payment, inventorying, and product returns & replacement in retina offices.
* Work with key members of retina offices (i.e. retina specialists, billing staff, reimbursement staff) in order to appropriately support patient access to retina products.
* Collaborate with field sales and marketing teams appropriately to share insights into customer needs and barriers for retina products access.Reimbursement Support
* Analyze reimbursement issues & opportunities, anticipating changes in the healthcare landscape, and act as the retina products reimbursement expert for retina offices and local field teams.
* Has visibility to patient Personal Health Information (PHI), with appropriate patient consent, to understand specifics and support questions associated with appropriate patient reimbursement.
* Provide reimbursement training to local field teams, as needed.
* Coordinate on reimbursement issues with third party payers at the HCP level.
* Execute NVS approved strategies to support appropriate coverage and payment.
* Work with HUB and benefit investigators to ensure accurate coverage determinations.
* Provide information about retina products coverage, coding and payment, as appropriate, both internally and externally.
* Increase product reimbursement awareness at meetings with health care providers including retina specialists and billing/office/reimbursement managers.Fiscal Responsibility and Compliance
* Control business expenses related to field activities (i.e. travel, customer meetings) provide timely expense reports to manager.
* Maintain a deep understanding of NPC policies and requirements and perform all responsibilities in a manner consistent with company guidance.
* Handle PHI appropriately.
What you'll bring to the role: * Bachelor's Degree required. Business and/or biological science education preferred.
* Experience in one or more of the following areas: Access and/or Reimbursement Manager; Sales, Regional or Corporate Account Management.
* Knowledge of buy-and-bill billing and reimbursement pathway.
* Possess a strong understanding of Commercial payers, Medicare plans and state Medicaid in geographic region.
* Experience in patient assistance support, reimbursement support and/or other access programs.
* Strong compliance mindset with a high level of integrity and ethical judgment.Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience leading and delivering presentations to C-level account executives.
* Strong ability to work cross functionally with such functions as Field Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Public Affairs, State & Government Affairs, Trade, Specialty Pharmacy Account Management and applicable third party affiliates.
* Expertise in retina practice dynamics and common reimbursement and product program support-related needs.
* Strong capabilities in the areas of customer focus, collaboration, business acumen, communication, and presentation skills.
Competitive salary, annual bonus, participation in our stock program (band eligibility), health insurance, 401K, defined contribution program, 21 days of vacation and personal time, 12 company paid holidays, flexible working arrangements and so much more..... Find out more about Novartis at www.novartis.com/careers.Why consider Novartis ?:
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.