Citi Applications Development Technical Specialist in New Castle, Delaware
Primary Location: United States,Delaware,New Castle
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job ID: 17061430
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
CitiDirect is Citibank's flagship Web-based banking platform for Cash management services operating in over 90 countries, providing services to Treasury departments of the top 5000 companies in the world. The platform also supports in-house White label services for Cash management for external Financial Institutions.
This position is responsible for managing the set of projects associated with our API interfaces and back end connectivity. These projects are complex and will involve diverse global application teams and technologies. The position demands a high degree of collaboration and an ability to ensure participation across multiple product teams.
• Manage the API function within the application development environment.
• Participate in the design, development, and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies.
• Establish and maintain work stream owners with clear roles and responsibilities within the scope of the projects.
• Integrate and maintain detailed project plans that incorporates all work streams and environments.
• Document, communicate and facilitate resolution/mitigation of all issues and risks.
• Conduct regular working and status meetings – document minutes and track follow-ups.
• Provide regular management status reports that reflect project timelines, progress, status, issues and risks and risk mitigation.
• Develop, maintain and supervise the execution of a production cutover and fall back planning.
• Collaborate with external development/engineering organizations.
• Manages the application programmers and makes all decisions working with management on staffing.
• Provides expertise on providing strategic direction and system architecture for initiatives.
• Follow and work with architects to define standards and good development practices in development of all software.
Secondary Responsibilities :
• Insure comprehensive test plans are developed and conducted.
• Insure all lifecycle documents are properly documented, reviewed and approved.
• Ensure all SDLC documentation is followed.
• Manage project plans and plan owners to ensure progress is measurable.
• Knowledge of good project practice and SDLCs.
• Background working on API projects prior and use of common technology (J2EE, API Developer portal, API gateway, API Security, REST/SOAP services)
• Must possess excellent software design, project planning, and documentation skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of management, technology, product, architecture, quality, and compliance.
Interpersonal & Leadership Competencies:
• Works well and respects other disciplines of the project teams.
• Strong negotiation and influence skills.
• Ability to recognize and manage risk appropriately.
• Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize individual and team tasks and projects so that deadlines are met.
• Ability to work on multiple deliverables at once and appropriately managing ones time.
• 8 years experience as project manager.
• Experience managing a large matrix reporting teams.
• Effectively lead large-scale complex projects.