TD Bank Manager, Enterprise Data Governance, Policy Management & Adherence in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Auto req ID 218044BR
Job Title Manager, Enterprise Data Governance, Policy Management & Adherence
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New Jersey
City1 Mount Laurel
Location 3000 Atrium Way
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Technology Solutions
Job Category(s) Technology Solutions
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
This position is responsible for enabling the enterprise data strategy across TD and driving value from data as an enterprise asset. To support that, the Office of the CDO (OCDO) provides unified approaches, tools & standards for data and works collaboratively with business segments, corporate functions and technology groups to implement data strategy and supporting governance across the organization. Policy Management & Adherence in the US assists the VP in analyzing data initiatives, compliance reporting, and advising US business segments and corporate functions on data policies and standards adherence processes.
The position will be a key contributor to the OCDO team which is responsible to deliver guidance, support and tools to enable policy and standard compliance to the US businesses in alignment with the Enterprise Data Strategy.
The role’s key accountabilities will include, working with US business segments / corporate functions as follows:
• Provides guidance to US BSs/CFs on standards, policies and controls required to deliver a Data Governance program.
• Develops strong working relationships with business segments, technology, and other stakeholders to work collaboratively to promote adoption of data governance throughout the enterprise.
• Identifies and resolves issues surrounding policy and standard compliance in the enterprise and escalates outstanding issues arising from the various data councils and OCDO leadership.
• Leads execution and measurement of OCDO policies, standards and guidelines.
• Requires a high-level understanding of data initiatives at TD.
• Communicates results to data stewards, CDO policy roles and CDO strategy roles Enterprise adherence to data governance standards and policies. Develops materials, action items and status reporting for data council meetings.
• Leads in the development of change requests processes, and ensures controls are in place to monitor these changes.
• Communicates with Business Data Management and data policy management roles as needed.
• Minimum 5+ years of related experience
• Ability to research and gain in-depth understanding of significant, complex and/or large scale businesses
• Interpersonal and relationship management skills with a focus on negotiation and collaboration
• Proven record of professional interactions with senior executives, consultants and regulatory bodies
• Ability to coach and influence without direct authority
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, ambiguous yet detail oriented environment. High tolerance for the pressure of constant change and stringent timelines
• Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to present ideas and facilitate discussions to build consensus
• Ability to learn quickly about new business & functional areas
• The ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
• A strong attention to detail and the ability to consider how work underway impacts other areas/projects
• Creative thinking and analytical skills to review other business’s work and identify areas for improvement with the ability to see the big picture
• Flexibility and change leadership skills are required
• Strong policy adherence planning, tracking, and reporting skills.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Previous experience in data governance, data quality or information management is an asset
• Knowledge of enterprise data policies and standards
• Previous people management is an asset
• Understand, utilize, and align to Compliance, Risk, and Control programs.
• Understanding of business units across TD is an asset
• College / University and/or equivalent work experience in the banking industry
• Experience with enterprise wide initiatives preferred
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey
City (Primary) Mount Laurel
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.